When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing bracelet on Sub

ekhunter

Another one for you Rolex experts. Although it appears very simple, I suspect it is not. How does one remove the bracelet of a Rep Sub from the watch? I can see the pins and they appear spring loaded. Any help on this matter will be graeatly appreciated.

Another one for you Rolex experts. Although it appears very simple, I suspect it is not. How does one remove the bracelet of a Rep Sub from the watch? I can see the pins and they appear spring loaded. Any help on this matter will be graeatly appreciated.

The springbar is just like on normal watches, you compress it and slide the metal assembly off. It's fiddly, but straight-forward. Getting it back on is harder. :D

Do you have lug holes exposed on the side of the case, or is it solid?

If there are lug holes: Insert your springbar tool of choice into the exposed lug holes and push the springbar end in. While the springbar end is compressed, give downward pressure to the top of the end link with your thumb. Repeat on the other side, and the end link will slide down and off the case.

If the lugs are solid: You will need to approach this from the bottom of the end links where there are notches cut to expose the springbar ends. Insert your springbar tool into the notch, and compress the end by pressing on the [censored] of the springbar. Again, apply downward pressure to the top surface of the end link with your thumb, which will pop the springbar end out of it's hole. Repeat on the otherside, and you're done.

Do you have lug holes exposed on the side of the case, or is it solid?

If there are lug holes: Insert your springbar tool of choice into the exposed lug holes and push the springbar end in. While the springbar end is compressed, give downward pressure to the top of the end link with your thumb. Repeat on the other side, and the end link will slide down and off the case.

If the lugs are solid: You will need to approach this from the bottom of the end links where there are notches cut to expose the springbar ends. Insert your springbar tool into the notch, and compress the end by pressing on the [censored] of the springbar. Again, apply downward pressure to the top surface of the end link with your thumb, which will pop the springbar end out of it's hole. Repeat on the otherside, and you're done.

No lug holes, Thanks for the tips, I'll try it when I get home.