When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Proper Fit

c0r

Breitling is a million (perhaps Billion) dollar company producing luxary watches, that go through rigerous tests etc etc etc.

Do we lose any "comfort" or "fit" since we are buying reps? Are the watches weight distributed differently as opposed to the gen, in regards to comfort? I have 'tried on' gens, but I have no experienced 24-48hrs with them on my wrist.

Also on Breitlings test is there a "recommended" way of wearing the watch for ''optimal'' performance, comfort, fit etc.

Just curious as I see people wear there watches differently and I as I wear my Breitling Bentley everyday, it seems more and more I am curious of what the exact fit was.

Thanks

Corey

Weights and dimensions of the good reps are so close, the balance will be identical. Unless your ARM can feel the difference in <5g, there will be no discernable difference.

On the big guns (SA, Skyland), you will notice a big difference in feel going from a bracelet to a strap (rubber/leather)...and may notice that the straps make the watches feel so much more balanced and as Lani says "less top heavy"...but the bracelets add visual presence and "bling".

Comfort may be different on some of the reps as the polish is not the same as the gen (some bracelets have sharper edges)...but this can easily be fixed with a few minutes and a Scotch Brite pad and careful polishing afterwards.

As to where to wear them...that's personal preference. Some people them close to the hand, others higher up...some like them snug...others loose...some left hand...others right, and some crystal on the top of the wrist and others crystal down...personal preference.

I think this goes for all watches, but where and how you wear it will vary upon your only personal preference. I like to wear my watches with bracelets quite loose, but when on a strap I have it fairly tight (not tso it cuts off the circulation) but tight enough so it doesn't move too much. There is no real proper way to wear one, as it will vary between people and their own preferences.

On the Breitling bracelet the part of the bracelet that is attached to the 6 o'clock side should be shorter than the other side about 2 to 3 links that will ensure proper fit on your wrist and the proper balance. I read it on breitling source here is the link

http://www.breitlingsource.com/articles_bias.shtml

hope that helps.

On the Breitling bracelet the part of the bracelet that is attached to the 6 o'clock side should be shorter than the other side about 2 to 3 links that will ensure proper fit on your wrist and the proper balance. I read it on breitling source here is the link

http://www.breitlingsource.com/articles_bias.shtml

hope that helps.

Very interesting. Thanks!!