When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New UPO: Love it, but it got sme issues

tick123

hey all,

I just recieved my UPO from king today and I just have to say I absolutely am in love with the watch. There are problems, however. There is an issue with the power reserve lasting for only about an hour, and the rotor is very noisy. I'm thinking maybe if I service the watch and lube it or something it should be ok, but I just want to make sure the movement isnt f*cked so I dont have to send it back to the dealer -_-

the serial number on the back of the watch it 816880298 just for reference

please help me out :/

ps: how much, on average, would it cost for me to get this baby serviced by a watchsmith...say just for regular cleaning and lubrication

Is it the swiss eta version???? Rotor should not be loud. If winding it does not give it a nice power reserve you prob recieved a lemon and I would say send it back to King for a replacement. If you are intent on keeping it then it definately needs servicing. Even many of the swiss eta versions don't have the greatest quality control when assembled at the rep factories and a plethora of problems could occur. I know it would likely be a snap for The Zigmeister but if you can't aquire his amazing services then Rex over at Repgeek is about as good as it gets with respect to servicing, rebuilding ect. ect movements. He sonically cleaned my eta and completely serviced each part and found a micro spec of dirt on the balance. Rex is terrific to deal with and his prices are very very fair.