When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Panerai

xslyyx

And so goes another instance of one of the most popular question's on the board. I'm not actually sure an answer exists to your question. I've read some folks like the Ferrari 008 for it's accuracy?? I don't know much about that though. My suggestion would be to search up on PAM's and pick something you enjoy. Also read this, good stuff. Search around, lots of good information.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=76333&hl=

yeah ok... since (someone told here that) the panerais are the new rolexes .. the question is..."modded" to who has the best panerai... Well, my friend, the only sure thing is that the best FORUM for panerai reps is here and you have tons of FREE info to decide what you need and what you are willing to pay for... Relax...and read.. We will be here to solve any question you have... any (except for the who has the best sub - pam - whatever - is - hype - thing)

• 4 months later...

Ok guys. Fair comments, the question "who has the best sub/pam/breit is gonna p*ss most of us off, however it would be good to know if there are any good out the box pams out there. I am not into modding, I normally go for the "best outta box" version. I like the look of the pams (I wear breits) but haven't bought one cause I dont have the time to research "(he pam range is huge, a little daunting and obviously time consuming) and I wasnt prepared to ask the "question" because I knew what the response would be! So I bought a big pilot 5002. Based on the pinned guide in the IWC area.

So, call it lazy, shallow or something else, mabye if you are not prepared to research your chosen brand/model then really you are not worthy or it. (I can appreciate some knowledge of your watch is respectful, but the question is how much should you know before you are worthy of wearing it?) Obviously the conniseur of the ferrari brand will be much better thought of than the lottery winner that walks into the garage and slaps down a 160 big ones on the bonnett of 360 modena and says Ill have that one!!!! However I do think there should be a place for the guys who like reps (like me) and would like to know a little and buy the "best outta box"

As shallow as it sounds closeness to gen is more important to me than what I intitially am drawn to in a model. (sorry)

I prefer the IWC potuguese but after 10 mins research went for the 5002. I have spent 2 hours on pams tonight and I am more confused than when I started!!

So guys with respect, any decent "outta box pams" out there for us heathens?

peace and love

BVC.

I do know where your comming from, in the same boat actualy. Im a Omega man at heart. I have been around RWG about six weeks. I agree with you about the overwelming selection of Pams :unknw: I am quite facinated with the brand and history of the watch maker. I can spend $$$$ 400-500 on a rep if need be,I just dont think it is nessasary (imho) I have just orderd a pam 217 Destro (47mm) from Andrew.($168) My second rep. I feel that this wach captures the heratage of Panerai. A very rare piece indeed. It is very ,very close to the gen, magnificent. :good: I was tempted to ask the dreeded "who has the best???. Im glad that I did the research. I have discovered so much in the last two weeks. I learn very little when the answear is easy. Thats what makes it a hobby for me. Its the hunt not the capture. Although the results of your efforts are rewarding. :) Take a look at that 217 and tell me what you think. As far as I can see the rep bands/ straps are of poor quality. I have a custom strap being made as we speek. The ss bands look good for the most part, more so on the pams. Good luck and happy hunting :) Mike

http://www.jpc8118.com/pn21702-destro-asia...6497-p-184.html

Hi buddy. Thanks for your comments. Is this what you got? wrong price i know. but I like it. gonna research it and find out its history and reputation on the forum.

I also love the crown on the left side of the watch. I wear my watches on my right hand so crown decoration is often lost under my sleeve or cuff.

cheers

bvc.

Edited by bvc