When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A bit insulted

Moze

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great thread, I actually think I can commiserate with Moze on the sentiment and his clear respect for the staff. Although it was great that the saleslady did provide service, the lack of knowledge I think is what casues a person to scratch their head.

I've had this type of know nothing from simple transactions - the subway example is great, to buying my third or for that matter my wife buying her third german automobile, where we are standing there knowing vast amounts more than the sales droid, my wife launching into a lectue about option sets available with trim colors and active and passive safety features...

The funny thing is now at least at most stores that we frequent , the better sales staff that is left suddenly knows us, knows tihe stock much better, and finally is acting like our business is worth something. Of course, I've recently had not so friendly staff at a AD where they were happy to take my money to repair reps before. The store was EMPTY, and the older staff was nice before, but now the younger staff was more interested in running me out of the store.

My local Tourneau is a place I will not go - as the staff jumps on you like vultures and doen't want to talk about the watches, just about finanacing - really reminds me of Zales with good wathes, in compariosn when I went to another city with a Tourneau I hasd a saleswoman who spent 45 minutes talking history on A. Lange with no expectation of payback.