When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some recent PAM work...

RWG Technical

I would love to see some pictures of Kent Parks of Everest Watchworks dial lume work, to compare it to my work. I am told that he's the best of the best

I have seen his personally seen his work on a couple watches and obviously have more than a handful of pieces finished by you. Kents lume work is good but yours is equal, if not, better than his.... plus then benefit of full watchsmithing ;)

awesome job on the dials Rob. im patiently waiting for my next appointment :) safe travels to you and take lots of pictures!!

cc

There's always something magical about Rob's work...and I don't think I ever get used to his masterpieces that he creates. When I put on the gems he's worked on, I actually enjoy them more than some of my gens because I appreciate the art and craftsmanship that goes into them. Awesome as usual. :victory:

Awesome work Ziggy.

I've got a PAM coming your way soon and I'm really looking forward to the transformation.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: without Ziggy to work on my watches, I wouldn't be interested.

Enjoy the trip and stay safe, looking forward to the holiday pics.

Cheers

Thank you all for the feedback, I am truely humbled by the comments and really appreciate it.

I never think of taking the before pics, actually it's not often that I take any after ones lately, just concentrating on the work on the bench.

I do think of these as works of art, I think mainly due to the fact everything is done by hand, the lume starts out as C1 and I mix various colours in it to get the correct shade for vintage tritium, the application is all freehand and has variations in it, the dial painting requires removal, covering up, and painting of the "T", again done by hand.

For the "T" work, I actually use a black oiler, it takes a few tries to get it just right, but it's the only way I can apply the paint in such a thin line, and get it the same thickness and straight...so what you see took a few tries to get right :)

RG

JESUS ROB SWEET JESUS!!!!!!!

I too have had Kent work on a couple of pieces for me and he is very professional, very amicable and yes pretty slow (maybe methodical is a more apt and fair description) He did a Revue Thommen B-Uhr Pilot watch for me which was just awesome. He also did an Arktos Rep (Which now belongs to another member) Which I desperately wanted The Zigmeister to do but at the time was very backed up. Turned out perfect and he went to the trouble of matching the correct colors to the gen. Kent likes to stick to lume and lume only and shys away from other modding other than tuning movements ect.

Gotta say though Rob that stuff is a walk in the park compared to what you do. Rob you are an artist for sure!!!!

For the "T" work, I actually use a black oiler

OH MY!

Painting with a black oiler!!! :o

(Folks, to those of you who are not acquainted with this, a black oiler is far thinner than an insuline needle, it's just a thin metal hair, its tip scratches anything it comes to touch).

I cannot think anything more difficult, this means even mastering surface tension...

After nano-technology, we have nano-art here.

OH MY!

Painting with a black oiler!!! :o

(Folks, to those of you who are not acquainted with this, a black oiler is far thinner than an insuline needle, it's just a thin metal hair, its tip scratches anything it comes to touch).

:D

Well it's the only thing I have found that works, a brush is much too big. I am laughing that your shocked that I use this tool...

I cannot think anything more difficult, this means even mastering surface tension...

This is why it takes me a few tries to get the lines straight and the same thickness as the original lettering.

@ Tanya

Thanks for the insight on Kent's work and the comment, much appreciated.

RG

I think The Zigmeister's aquatimer lume shows he's somehow able to control surface tension to produce square droplets. :D

RG, those pieces look awesome. I can't wait to send my 202 to you for T-dial treatment whenever you're open for appts again. :)

wow freakin wow. you are setting a standard, and really defining why this hobby is so cool.

your work makes me respect this craft and interesting world of replica watches.

after picking up the avenger skyland. and setting my sights on a Panerai next...i was at a loss.

where do i go? what do i do?

and that's what i enjoy the most about the PAM's. the simple look of a PAM, makes it that much more difficult and pressing to match the genuine. a slight miniscule error, even something so small, in another watch, would stick out like a sore thumb for the classic lines of a PAM.

of all the timepieces i've been researching, the PAM seems to be a great and enticing opportunity to mod, through trial and tribulations, to perfect...

i am truly glad, from this noob's perspective to be in such an interesting hobby.

The Zigmeister man. Thank you for in my humble opinion, bringing credibility and standards to this trade, rather than just a place for someone looking for a cheaper alternative to the genuine watch.

Take care and Best Regards!

reachroland