When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

please help me with choosing a pam :D

arminvanbuuren

hey guys.. i hope u can help me with something here.. as most of u know im still on a hunt for a pam!!! after looking at more pams.. i think i've decided that my next pam will be a pvd'd panerai pam!!

i've narrowed down my choices to the following:

pam 195

pam 026

pam 202a and

pam 218a

my favourite is the pam 218a.. since i know that theres only 5 prototype in the world of the 218a and i would never be able to pull it off.. i just like the idea of owning a close copy of it.. .. so my question is how accurate is the 218a (davidsen's) and what are the flaws on this watch and are the flaws fixable?

and other than this.. of the pvd'd pams i listed which is the most accurate to the gen? and is there other more accurate pvd pams than the ones i listed? please help guys.. i really need your input.. as im really a noob in panerai models

If you gather together all the right bits you can assemble an excellent 202A, but it won't be cheap or easy. However the satisfaction of having even one really accurate piece is a reward for the effort it takes.

well i'm up for modding it.. what base should i go for? davidsen's 202a? and after that what mods should I do to it? thanks alot man..

Short game ...DSN 202/A or 195 may help feed your need

Long Game ...assemble all the parts and custom build your dream..

V 1:1 CG

2 Screw Lug bars

SS Rep case with lug holes adapted for 2 screw lug bars (Ideally an old case with correct Pre-V shape)

OEM crown , or T-60 , or PALP

Proper PVD coating from one of the members who offer a service here

These below you can use from the "short game" watch or just start with fresh parts

ETA 6497 with correct Cannon Pinion and Hour Wheel

DSN Non-AR Sapphire

DSN case back

Dial wise , there are some decent versions of 202/A kicking about , DSN's is OK but the font and cut out indices are it's worst flaws

218/A is on my "to do list" ....along with 195 , 203/A, 205/A and 207/A funnily enough!

I'm sure a better dial option will come along one day.

Best of luck

FGD

Short game ...DSN 202/A or 195 may help feed your need

Long Game ...assemble all the parts and custom build your dream..

V 1:1 CG

2 Screw Lug bars

SS Rep case with lug holes adapted for 2 screw lug bars (Ideally an old case with correct Pre-V shape)

OEM crown , or T-60 , or PALP

Proper PVD coating from one of the members who offer a service here

DSN Non-AR Sapphire

DSN case back

Dial wise , there are some decent versions of 202/A kicking about , DSN's is OK but the font and cut out indices are it's worst flaws

218/A is on my "to do list" ....along with 195 , 203/A, 205/A and 207/A funnily enough!

I'm sure a better dial option will come along one day.

Best of luck

FGD

thanks fgd for ur answer.. you said ideally an old case with correct pre-v shape.. does davidsen's current 202a have the correct shape? i was thinking starting with a dsn 202 then go on to modding the others like you said!!

btw fgd do u have a spare dial that i can buy off? :p

Edited by arminvanbuuren