When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown Thread Stripped - Help!

Jagger

Best bet is to replace them with gen parts from otto frei. Once done you will never have to replace them again. You will need a gen crown, Prob a new stem, and a new gen crowntube as the gen crown won't mate with a rep tube. You will need a qualified modder to tap out the old tube and insert the new parts.

These gen parts are pretty cheap and the mod is also a quicky for someone who knows their stuff like The Zigmeister or Rex

Good luck

Best bet is to replace them with gen parts from otto frei. Once done you will never have to replace them again. You will need a gen crown, Prob a new stem, and a new gen crowntube as the gen crown won't mate with a rep tube. You will need a qualified modder to tap out the old tube and insert the new parts.

These gen parts are pretty cheap and the mod is also a quicky for someone who knows their stuff like The Zigmeister or Rex

Good luck

If you find this set of instructions intimidating, I suggest a visit to your friendly local watchsmith. My fellow replaced those parts with generic on my SMP chrono when the threads stripped. I'm only guessing, of course, but I would imagine he could do the same for this one.

Good luck with whichever route you decide to take.