When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Lite vs Big Bang

TmeShare

I think for the most part, the difference between the 2 versions, is the lack of AR on the the cheaper lite version. Some have PVD bezel instead of ceramic. From what I see, the lite versions are usually not offered on the really popular models though.

Some of the best deals with HBB's IMO.

Edited by jot9011

The lite version is way below the more expensive and accurate version that caused much consternation in the Hublot organization. You maight have to pay a few hundred bucks extra, but the quality is night and day.

Watchmark also used to have models halfway between lite and full. At about $400 you can have real ceramic & full quality case & dial, but 21.600 7750 & no AR.

Btw, his 21.600 7750 has correct rotor screw that even the full models lack.

Guest acg2010

Um, that's just not true...

If you get the lite from Angus, it's the same case, etc. and now ceramic bezel...just lacks AR.

I have one, and it's push down crown, 28.8k bph movement, etc...just ZERO AR.

Lite is now the way to go, then send it off for double AR.

Um, that's just not true...

If you get the lite from Angus, it's the same case, etc. and now ceramic bezel...just lacks AR.

I have one, and it's push down crown, 28.8k bph movement, etc...just ZERO AR.

Lite is now the way to go, then send it off for double AR.

are you sure about that? I've heard from many places that although it indicate ceramic bezel it's not

Guest Sql_pl

You know it is not that simple anymore.

It used to be like that: Ultimate and Lite.

Then gazillion other qualities appeared from dealers like watchmark etc etc etc with tons of flaws like screw down crown, wrong pushers, 21 bph movements, lower quality of rubber strap, shitty clasp etc etc etc

But if you choose to go with one of cartel-dealers (Josh, Puretime) it is simple -> their Lite is identical to Ultimate except for AR on the crystal.

It used to be a great deal to get Lite and get it AR coated but now that k2222 is gone I think it is wiser to get the ultimate.

I just received my YCM with ceramic bezel today that I believe is the closest and most accurate HBB rep ever... will take some pics tomorrow.

It used to be a great deal to get Lite and get it AR coated but now that k2222 is gone I think it is wiser to get the ultimate.

Well, there's always Chieftang.

In addition to the lack of A/R and bezel material.....the lite version also has a screw down crown, which is not the same as the gen (or the regular rep version). The pushers on the lite are also substandard by comparison.

Untrue. My Lite Black Magic have pushin crown (so other model) I think only the 21k movement version had screw. The other 28.8k have pushin.

B) I have had a gen HBB & a rep HBB. The gen was just an ss bezel but a beautiful watch. I really liked everything about it. I also bought a rep which was such a pos that I had to hide it in shame. Eventually I dumped it when I was sure nobody was looking. I am going to purchase another rep HBB. I am looking for the absolute best rep out there. The price isn't really a big deal. Thanks for your response. :D

the lite version also has a screw down crown, which is not the same as the gen (or the regular rep version)

Untrue. My Lite Black Magic have pushin crown (so other model) I think only the 21k movement version had screw. The other 28.8k have pushin.

My 21k version has push in crown.

I think that Sql_pl is right and there are so many versions out there that no tracing a line is possible.