When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do black dials suit me better?

DemonSlayer

Do black dials suit me better?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do black dials suit me better?

• Yes
    • No
    • Both look good

Have any of you got that feeling where you think a particular dial color suits you better? I mainly collect black dial steel watches and I only have one non-black dial watch so far, a Rhodium datejust. However, as beautiful as that watch is, to my eyes I think black dials suit my skin tone more. Funnily enough I asked my sister for her opinion and she loves the rhodium :)

What do you guys think from the below wristshots, do black dials suit me better? (apologies for the blurry shots of the rhodium) Please feel free to vote and chime in, am looking forward to your opinions, thanks :)

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

smp018.jpg

nautiluswrist-01.jpg

datejustwrist-01.jpg

datejust0003-1.jpg

pam009wrist1-1.jpg

wrists002-1.jpg

wrists006.jpg

Thanks Pollux :) The only ones I got left are the Rhodium DJ, Rado and the Nautilus, the others are gone but they're bringing back memories, I miss them :(
Well tbh, they would have been my choices too. The DJ, Rado AND the PP look outstanding, how could you go wrong!

Hard to tell without seeing the outfits that you are wearing them with. I don't think skin tone has anything to do with it. I think white dials look better in suits and black dials are better for casual wear or...get this.... black tie...buts thats just me.

That PP looks amazing on your wrist! Keep em all and buy some more!!!

Thanks man :)

Hard to tell without seeing the outfits that you are wearing them with. I don't think skin tone has anything to do with it. I think white dials look better in suits and black dials are better for casual wear or...get this.... black tie...buts thats just me.

Yes some dials are better suited for certain events. For instance, I've owned the Bond Seamaster in the past, although a very nice watch I thought the blue dial was just too 'divey' or sporty for me. The black dial looks much sharper and seems more versatile to me.

Absolutely. Nice Pam.

Thanks FM, unfortunately its gone (and undersold :o) I had no idea that the dial on that one was rare and much sought after.