When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jimmy Fu vs. Gen 01- case only

hi all,

after reading many posts regarding the accuracy of the jimmy fu cases, i did some research on the gen 01 for references.

many things have been said about the jimmy fu cases, mostly that it is a 1:1 copy of the B-D series and that the main advantage of it is its ability to accept gen parts if one can find them... -_-

however, please take a look at the pictures of the gen (one from flavor flav and the other from the risti's website), there is no "dimple" on it at all...so i am a little confused here :o:o:o

also, the gap (distance) between the caseback and the edge of the case is also wider on the gen than the jimmy fu.

please help, anyone (esp. current jimmy fu owners)???

is this common on all jimmy fu's?

much appreciated!!!

p.s. sorry for the lousy pics and dirty watch :blush:

post-15530-1223047673_thumb.jpg

post-15530-1223047942_thumb.jpg

post-15530-1223047975_thumb.jpg

post-15530-1223047998_thumb.jpg

post-15530-1223048019_thumb.jpg

Well I am wearing a gen E series as I write this and also have a full Jimmy case set sitting here as well. They have the same dimple in between the lugs (at least on visual inspection as I don't have a screw driver in the office. :lol:. On the case back I don't know the answer but I have always thought there was one extra ring of thread on the gen caseback - not that it should make a difference. But once again I don't have a case back remover here either. ;) Whose caseback are you using? That may be part of the issue.

caseback are you using? That may be part of the issue.

hi,

thanks!!!

honestly, i do not have any idea who made this caseback, it is supplied by one of the dealers :mellow:

but i do not think the issue lies with the types of caseback used. IMO, regardless of which caseback is used, the gap (distance) between the edge of the case and the caseback is still too close (compared to the gen).

have you any pictures of your jimmy fu cases to share with us?

many thansk!!!

I can't believe pictures of my watch continue to pop up. that's my 001, and it's an 001 C.

thanks alot for your pictures, hope that you do not mind me using your previous ones as a reference :p:p:p

have you any more pics on the back edge of the case to share with us?

many thanks!!! ;););)