When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The next step towards a perfect Pre-V...

rmcsherry

Good news R. Mine are ordered :tu:

Does anyone know if the screw heads were PVD'd, blackened or plain ole SS for genuine 202A?

This pic shows plain ole SS

Excellent Ross ...I've ordered mine as well ...I hope this guys going to post on the risti sites or word gets round to them!!

My understanding is SS..have checked reference images of 202/A, 203/A and 218/A and they are all shiny shiny !!

FGD

So have you decided on a case yet...Looks to me that a standard case is the only one that I can get my hands on :(

I've got an 02A in the perfect Pre-V case so my plan is to swap that into a Jimmy case and use the Pre-A 02 dial and then use the other case to build my 201 in...

I have been looking at alternative Pre-V cases and haven't found a source....patience is the key and look at the resale section for that old school E or F series 111 ;)

i've asked the seller how much mm diameter has the screw head.

he replied 1,6mm diameter has the screw head.

but the right rep horn hole has 1,8mm diameter. the left horn has the thread and has to be drilled out to 1,8mm hole.

rolli

Unless you have the case set that "according to legend" was made 1:1 to Mr Yellows 201/A and was there right at the start of the quality Panerai rep scene!!

Is it worth repping a rep case is the question in my mind....and at the same time - accomodate the 1:1 2 screw lug bars Ross has initiated!!!

FGD

i've asked the seller how much mm diameter has the screw head.

he replied 1,6mm diameter has the screw head.

but the right rep horn hole has 1,8mm diameter. the left horn has the thread and has to be drilled out to 1,8mm hole.

rolli

Each rep case is slightly different - and it would of been pointless making a larger screw size, as it wouldn't have fitted any original Pre-V watches. As FGD has pointed out, the next step is a perfect case - it already seems to exist, so I'm sure we can arrnage a re-run / with enough people, commission a new case design to accomodate the double screws. Maybe even DSN would be able to make them if somebody were to supply him CAD (although I'm sure there'll be some differences between the CAD and production case through conversion CNC).

Picture.jpg

...Gen on the left, reproductions on the right. Both are 100% interchangeable, measurements on a digital caliper are accurate to within 0.01mm - I don't think we're going to get any better than that! I'm amazed by the quality, the finish and price (considering the complexity of internally threading the tube, creating 3 pieces with perfectly finished edges etc.). The seller is a great guy to deal with - hopefully they'll be the perfect accompaniment to FGD's dials.