When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

custom job

oscarmadfish

if i could pick any watch to be made for me it would be ?

a breitling

big day and date

blue face

50 mm

all perfect markings and colours

blue divers strap

no more than $300

ok guys get it made for me now lol

and your choice would be ?

The same but no more than $3.

Then I would sell it to Oscar for $300.

a breitling

big day and date

blue face

50 mm

all perfect markings and colours

blue divers strap

no more than $300

ok guys get it made for me now lol

and your choice would be ?

You got it, man, but... for $310. It's the best she can do.

Oscar... Should I chew and put in your mouth???

I did my job FOR YOU, now YOU email her and ask.

You're welcome.

MGI - that was uncalled for. A simple friendly comment like "why don't you drop her an email and ask - here's her email address" would have been rather more appropriate.

It is you, after all, who has been trying to persuade many of us to buy from your contacts. I know you're only trying to help the guys find good deals, and I'm sure it's appreciated (the only reason I've not taken you up on it myself is that I have my own contacts in China), but it's always been my experience that when you start offering to help, you can't just expect people to take the initiative, as it is YOUR word they're going by and YOU that they trust.

Not meaning to get on your case, but just a friendly suggestion that you might want to re-consider that post, mate...

MGI - that was uncalled for. A simple friendly comment like "why don't you drop her an email and ask - here's her email address" would have been rather more appropriate.

It is you, after all, who has been trying to persuade many of us to buy from your contacts. I know you're only trying to help the guys find good deals, and I'm sure it's appreciated (the only reason I've not taken you up on it myself is that I have my own contacts in China), but it's always been my experience that when you start offering to help, you can't just expect people to take the initiative, as it is YOUR word they're going by and YOU that they trust.

Not meaning to get on your case, but just a friendly suggestion that you might want to re-consider that post, mate...

You're right, Greg, when you trying to help people - you only get what I got.

No more.

Thanks.

You're right, Greg, when you trying to help people - you only get what I got.

No more.

Thanks.

oooboy.... :rolleyes:

Did you even GIVE oscar her email address?

nevermind... I don't know why I bother either..... :wallbash:

:o :o :o WHOA THERE

first up i am sorry if i have offended you

i have no idea of any email addys

i never buy anything blind thats why i asked for a pic

i thought you were doing a middle man job and like i said i am happy to trust you

now lets forget it ever happened and when we have web addys and credit card acceptence i am sure i will deal with your girls

ok freinds again ? i hope so

btw i cant believe you were gonna suck my [censored] :o

:o :o :o WHOA THERE

first up i am sorry if i have offended you

i have no idea of any email addys

i never buy anything blind thats why i asked for a pic

i thought you were doing a middle man job and like i said i am happy to trust you

now lets forget it ever happened and when we have web addys and credit card acceptence i am sure i will deal with your girls

ok freinds again ? i hope so

btw i cant believe you were gonna suck my [censored] :o

It's not an offence, Oscar, just if I'm trying to help - I expect at least "thanks" in return. I'm not a middle man, I don't earn a penny for it, it was a favor to a mate.

Email is on her webpage, pictures too.

Here's link:

http://swissgallory.com/products_detail.asp?Id=965

Girl trashed the factory in search for blue dial and blue rubber for you, spent half of day on the phone, dropped all other orders.

And gave you discount, because I aked her to do it.

Sure, we're still friends, it's a minor thing, just next time don't ask if you're not ready to order, ok?

Peace.

naw - this is a bit silly - you didn't let anyone down Oscar

please keep this in mind everyone...

our members > all dealers

WE are looking out for each other - f-uck the dealers - I couldn't give a [censored] compared to making sure us guys get the best and always the longer end of the stick.

who cares she had to spend 1/2 a day looking for a watch - she is a nobody in the land of dealers - she BETTER hustle if she wants forum members to even lift an eye brow and she'll need ANY order she can get that will have members posting good reviews of her - just look at Eurotimez, that guy waste SO much time with so many non-buyers it's amazing how he finds the time in a day - in the end he is rewarded for his efforts. Josh still spends the time with people hunting things down or answering silly questions and he is huge now - he doesn't need to stress over forum reviews anymore - but no name dealers do - a couple orders from forums dwellers will lead to a few more and the huge amount of people that search google and stumble across the forums (that will never post) will read these reviews and place their order. Forum reviews are major advertising for small dealers with subpar web sites

I can respect and appreciate MGI putting himself out in front of this dealer, but it's somewhat of a duty being a member of our "group" - I'd do it for any of you - thanks and appreciation is greater when the deed is not mentioned

Besides... this IS the purpose of the forums - to post reviews, complaints, help each other out - no thanks are necessary - no you're welcomes needed - it's expected for us all to help each other

after all, we are all in the same boat going to the same place

today I need help - tomorrow you'll need it ;)

naw - this is a bit silly - you didn't let anyone down Oscar

please keep this in mind everyone...

our members > all dealers

WE are looking out for each other - f-uck the dealers - I couldn't give a [censored] compared to making sure us guys get the best and always the longer end of the stick.

who cares she had to spend 1/2 a day looking for a watch - she is a nobody in the land of dealers - she BETTER hustle if she wants forum members to even lift an eye brow and she'll need ANY order she can get that will have members posting good reviews of her - just look at Eurotimez, that guy waste SO much time with so many non-buyers it's amazing how he finds the time in a day - in the end he is rewarded for his efforts. Josh still spends the time with people hunting things down or answering silly questions and he is huge now - he doesn't need to stress over forum reviews anymore - but no name dealers do - a couple orders from forums dwellers will lead to a few more and the huge amount of people that search google and stumble across the forums (that will never post) will read these reviews and place their order. Forum reviews are major advertising for small dealers with subpar web sites

I can respect and appreciate MGI putting himself out in front of this dealer, but it's somewhat of a duty being a member of our "group" - I'd do it for any of you - thanks and appreciation is greater when the deed is not mentioned

Besides... this IS the purpose of the forums - to post reviews, complaints, help each other out - no thanks are necessary - no you're welcomes needed - it's expected for us all to help each other

after all, we are all in the same boat going to the same place

today I need help - tomorrow you'll need it ;)

1. I did it not for her- she sells 10-12 watches a day without any problems, so, I did it for us, to some of us saving in $50-$80 is a good thing.

2. Don't know, how it's in Canada, but here we do thank for even little help.

3. She is a member of this forum, and I'm sure she'll be delighted to read that comment.

4. As I said before- I'll never say a word again about this matter.

So, peace.

1. I did it not for her- she sells 10-12 watches a day without any problems, so, I did it for us, to some of us saving in $50-$80 is a good thing.

2. Don't know, how it's in Canada, but here we do thank for even little help.

3. She is a member of this forum, and I'm sure she'll be delighted to read that comment.

4. As I said before- I'll never say a word again about this matter.

So, peace.

no no no, this is not right...

1) How do you know how many watches she sells on a daily basis? Sounds like you know her much better than Oscar. no problems there

2) It is a world wide courtesy to thank people for their efforts that benefit you - but this should not be mandatory or thrown in anyones face - the fact that you went out of your way to help doesn't go unnoticed - I guarantee you Oscar appreciated this without saying a word - besides, if he wanted to thank you, it could have been done at anytime - wait for it :rolleyes:

3) The sarcasm only adds to the issue - I don't write anything that I wouldn't say to someone's face in person - I have nothing against her personally - my general comment was about dealers vs. members. ANY dealer should go out of their way to make the customers happy. In my business of selling houses, if I don't go out of my way, there are another 26,000 Realtors in my area that the client can turn to. I spend a lot of time with potential buyers that can not afford to buy a house - but I still treat them like any other client and in a few years I end up selling them a house - time invested into people will generally not go without it's rewards - the business person that only cares about getting a sale today and doesn't want to waste time with "window shoppers" will not be as successful. Many prefer Josh over Andrew for this exact reason and in turn Josh has more sales. Chris of Eurotimes is another great example.

4) It is better to communicate issues, resolve them, shake hands and then forget the matter.

Now, if you re-read the 1st post Oscar made...

You'll notice the key word in this question is "IF" - meaning it may or may not happen

Oscar also uses the term "lol" - it was clear that he was NOT asking anyone to go NUTS out of their way to set the watch up ready to order, it was more or less a conversation post - he was not telling us that he was even going to buy this watch.

I am aware there is a language barrier here as well but still... you went out of your way to get your dealer to source the watch by "trashing" the warehouse to find it - this was in no way Oscars fault - Oscar would have been happy with just a plain old link to a picture - which in fact I'm positive is what he was expecting - putting that type of pressure on him to actually buy something was not called for but it gets worse...

After he asks for a picture, you hit him with this :

Oscar... Should I chew and put in your mouth???

I did my job FOR YOU, now YOU email her and ask.

You're welcome.

Totally uncalled for and with the added "you're welcome" at the end implying that he didn't appreciate your effort was pure sarcasm.

"I did my job FOR YOU" sounds like it was a burden to you and that you can't be burdened any more with this

You should help him get more info from the dealer - you know her better - why not - it only makes sense that you would. Do you really have to? of course not - so you could have simply asked oscar to email her for more info.

I'll leave it in your best judgment how to handle the situation - keep in mind I've never had any problems with you and I have nothing against your dealer at all ;)

admin i would like this thread to go away

thanx for the support alpha but let it go

i have no ill feelings to MGI so lets move on

at the end of the day i do thank you for trying to help me out and i would have thanked you at the right time and that would have been when the deal was set up

anyway the watch is not up to scratch the date wheel is the wrong colour so i would not have bought it for $100 and thats why i dont buy blind

lets not have anymore replies to this thread and lets let it slip off the board

no hard feelings here

i bet onze add to this with something about t i t s lol

thread closed