When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asia Chrono 7750b1 Has Low Power Reserve...

MADRED7

Hi Experts,

I now own 3 watches with the asian 7750 movement.

Only one of them keeps excellent time and has enough power reserve to cover the nights "on the table"!

For the other 2 pieces the power reserve will not hold for 1 night if just worn on the wrist, I have to wind it to get over 1 day and 1 night.

The rotor runs and slackers inside, I can hear and feel it, but just by wearing the watches it does not gain enough power.....!

Is there anything I can do?

Oil it?

Fix the rotor?

??????

Any aadvice deeply appriciated.

Thx for reading,

Theo

Theo,

I too have 3 Asian 7750 movements. The newest b1 from the 187 keeps excellent COSC time. The 2 older ones NOT (in my 196 and 212).

BUT they all have good power reserve of approx 2 days without wearing.

Although I tend to wind them every 2 days like i do on the manuals. Keep in mind that wearing it in your wrist doesnt mean winding if you are not being very energetic.

Sitting at work for 8 hours for example and doing pc work doesn't wind the watch. Therefore you must wind it for 50-60 turns every 2 days and i think you will not have a problem :)

Kostas,

you are correct; with my damn job I am sitting the whole day on my a** without moving too fast :)

I just thought there is something I can do beside hand-winding my AUTOMATIC pieces.

Best, Theo

You can do something... Buy a winder, and put there your automatic when you go to sleep... :)

@okram:

Yes.. full turns clockwise and don't worry.. nothing is gonna break. ;)

Power reserve on a gen 7750 is quoted at 36 hours max for the 28,800 bph, which is lower than typical for a non-chrono like the 2824 (40+). The fast beat rep should match this and in my experience it does.

The slower beat (crap) reps might last a little longer than this or just about match it with the modified subdial. The fast beat ones with the modified subdial will suffer as a result...

Edited by r11co