When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stripped crown guard screw on my New Pam 111h!

Grimey

I just got my new PAM 111h in the mail yesterday from PureTime.

It looks amazing, however, when I unscrewed the screw to take the guard off and set the time.... I went to put it back in and it won't catch the thread! However, please let me specify: when I put the screw back on without the guard there, catches and works fine... BUT, when I put the guard on and try screwing it back in... it doesn't work.

I had the screw under a magnifying glass, and it did not look stripped. What is the issue? Is the screw too short that it doesn't catch? What are my options? Can I take it to a jeweler to be repaired?

I'm lost on this one and I don't want my brand new 111h to go to waste!

Thanks!

I don't quit understand the problem.

Normally when you want to wind the watch or set the time you open up the lever and wind it or pull the crown and adjust the time.

The 2 screws of the crown guard shouldn't be touched is that case.

Could be several things :

1. Thread in to watch case is stripped.

2. Or and i never tried this but it voudl also be the case that you have open up the lever before you mount the crown guard.

3. Or i just don't know the answer

Carpe Diem

Cats

I don't quit understand the problem.

Normally when you want to wind the watch or set the time you open up the lever and wind it or pull the crown and adjust the time.

The 2 screws of the crown guard shouldn't be touched is that case.

Could be several things :

1. Thread in to watch case is stripped.

2. Or and i never tried this but it voudl also be the case that you have open up the lever before you mount the crown guard.

3. Or i just don't know the answer

Carpe Diem

Cats

Well regardless, the screw won't take into the thread with the crown guard on now. But like I said, the screw goes in fine without the guard on at all.

Also, the watch only came with 1 screw instead of 2. Is there anywhere else I would be able to get a 2nd screw, or 2 new ones??

I dunno, I'm open to any suggestions at this point. I just want to wear my watch!

1 screw instead than 2 is completely wrong, whatever you did to it.

Just ask Puretime 2 new screws, he is an excellent dealer and he should provide you with them.

If one (or both) them won't screw again, then we will focus on your CG.

I took it to a jeweler/watch repair tonight... he looked at it and said the screw pattern doesn't even match up with the thread pattern.

I feel like I got ripped off beyond belief, I'm so pi$sed off.

That's weird...how was it held on to begin with? Do you have pics? Closeups obviously are best.

That's weird...how was it held on to begin with? Do you have pics? Closeups obviously are best.

Well, like I said, it was loose to begin with... and it was my initial reaction to try and tighten it and from there it just wouldn't take anymore.

My camera isn't that great but I can try for pics then.

Is Angus reputable? I e-mailed him and have yet to hear anything.

It died?

Probably need a little more explination... can't wind? crown just spins?

Often times it can be a simple fix...

As a suggestion, are you sure that you have the crown guard oriented in the correct orientation? (leaver direction)

Sometimes if you are 180 degrees out, one screw will thread, and the other will be off by a couple of microns...

Not that I have ever experienced that, or anything...... (cough, chough) ;)

Be persistant, but patient with Angus. I am sure that things will work out.

Good luck with everything!

-K

It died?

Probably need a little more explination... can't wind? crown just spins?

Often times it can be a simple fix...

As a suggestion, are you sure that you have the crown guard oriented in the correct orientation? (leaver direction)

Sometimes if you are 180 degrees out, one screw will thread, and the other will be off by a couple of microns...

Not that I have ever experienced that, or anything...... (cough, chough) ;)

Be persistant, but patient with Angus. I am sure that things will work out.

Good luck with everything!

-K

No, I can wind it and set the time... but nothing is moving at all. Second hand isn't moving, none of the internals are spinning at all, nothing.

No, I can wind it and set the time... but nothing is moving at all. Second hand isn't moving, none of the internals are spinning at all, nothing.

Calm down buddy!.. Angus will surely respond..belif me. I've many of his products. Had problems and he stands behind his products... it takes normally 2-3 business days for him to reply my email.

He will sort this out...Just let him know all the situation.

;)