When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got My Daytona

Olipro

I haven't actually "got" it as I'm currently out of the country, however, the person who signed for the delivery has kindly taken photos of it for me.

When I actually personally get my hands on it, I'll take some (hopefully better) pics with the wrapping removed. But for now... have at it.

111020081643iu7.jpg

111020081644rp4.jpg

111020081641po4.jpg

Edited by Olipro

Horrible website, hard to operate, no prices, only good music.

But your TT is very nice, anyway.

haha, yeah, the website's interface is pretty unforgiving, especially if viewed from a 1024x768 laptop monitor... half the menu items are off screen, fortunately I figured out the trick to get to them.

The one PT has advertised on his site also has a rather good winder on it, I'll see if I can crack the caseback on it and take a look.

Just one noob question... if I do take the caseback off, will I need to do anything special to ensure it doesn't let water in? (other than screwing it on as tightly as it was before)

i have her almost 2 years and the watch works well. the only problem is the manual winder doesn't work.

i have to keep it on the wrist. i bought it from a 'scam site' for about $1000. it may actually have a real swiss 7750,

so they claim. i think its possible. i have 2 other daytonas - both had serious problems. i'm sure they are asian 7750's.

one had the sec @6 dial frozen- now it works great.

Just one noob question... if I do take the caseback off, will I need to do anything special to ensure it doesn't let water in? (other than screwing it on as tightly as it was before)

Nothing, other than greasing the seal.

I'm sure you know that a Daytona is a racing watch, not meant for the water. Rolexadict has found a way to make them water resistant, but I wouldn't let mine near the water.

Good luck with the seconds-at-six. Mine isn't behaving very well.

Nothing, other than greasing the seal.

I'm sure you know that a Daytona is a racing watch, not meant for the water. Rolexadict has found a way to make them water resistant, but I wouldn't let mine near the water.

Good luck with the seconds-at-six. Mine isn't behaving very well.

Yeah, I'm not planning to take it swimming any time soon, was just checking it was OK to do nonetheless as I might occasionally run water over it, paranoid eh? :p

I guess the Asians need to nab themselves a proper Daytona movement and clone that to get things working reliably.