When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anyone know why this tag is so cheap ?

oscarmadfish

Unless your an actor or some type of artist or sports star, to get a $10mil home, you'll have to manage your money very well and make a good deal of smart moves in your life -

a $100,000 watch may not be one of them :g:

having said that, with that type of money, I'd have a hard time not buying a $500,000 Zenith Zero-G :D

Half of mil. for THAT??? I'll wait a few months, and chinese will make a rep for $250.

zenith-zero-g_11560.jpg

Half of mil. for THAT??? I'll wait a few months, and chinese will make a rep for $250.

Unlikely, it's a tourby.

Having said that, the phrase 'butt-ugly' comes to mind. I'm not fond of the look of any of the Zenith Defy range, but that one takes the biscuit. Looks like Darth Vader's watch...... :lol:

Didn't we decide that the ultimate star wars watch was the one with the tourby hung off the side looking for all the world like a small nuclear reactor?

" Luke, I am Your far . . . Nice watch son!"

Can't rember the brand and cant use the link I have due to a slight lack of RWG1.

Col.

Didn't we decide that the ultimate star wars watch was the one with the tourby hung off the side looking for all the world like a small nuclear reactor?

" Luke, I am Your far . . . Nice watch son!"

Can't rember the brand and cant use the link I have due to a slight lack of RWG1.

Col.

Are you talking about this?

Concord.jpg

Atta the one!

Col.

Edit: It's growing on me. What's the gen worth? Just so I know how many zeros I can't afford it by.

Actually, that's pretty cool - I remember it from the thread on RWG1 now. Not sure I'd wear something like that myself, but it's definitely handsome. The Zenith, on the other hand, has been beaten repeatedly with the mother of all ugly sticks. :p

Unlikely, it's a tourby.

Having said that, the phrase 'butt-ugly' comes to mind. I'm not fond of the look of any of the Zenith Defy range, but that one takes the biscuit. Looks like Darth Vader's watch...... :lol:

it's funny looking sure, probably 99% of people will find it just plain ugly (I'm part of the 1% ^_^ ) - but looks is only part of it - it's an engineering marvel and that's worth mucho points in my book B) You must give props to Zenith for pushing the industry - this is one of the great advancements is horology like it or not - be impressed with the technology instead of the looks, they can put that gimbal balance into many various designs that will appeal to more but the fact is that this is a very impressive piece of mechanics

Finding the system that will do for wrist watches what the Tourbillon did for pocket watches is one of the great challenges of the 21st Century. Since the beginning, the best watchmakers have tried to defy the effects of gravity, that sworn enemy of accuracy. In a veritable technical revolution, Zenith Manufacture has devised the Zero-G system! The gyroscope cage Tourbillon comprises an escapement mounted on cardan joints rather like marine chronometers. The instrument, which is sensitive to changes of position, is kept in a constant horizontal position, thereby ensuring optimal amplitude for the spiral balance-wheel. Coordination is provided by an invention patented by Zenith: a second gear train is the reference point for the swinging of the escapement axles and a differential gear with inverter compensates all the relative movements of the framework. The Zero-G Tourbillon, whose cage alone comprises 166 out of the 294 parts that make up the device, 10 conical geared wheels with spiral teeth and 6 ball-bearings, was developed from the El Primero automatic caliber that beats at 36,000 vibrations an hour.