When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB Daytona 16520 rep

Dandi

Hello, after reading of all the problems gave by the modded 7750 seconds @ 6 movement, I decided to buy a 16520 that, as you know, has seconds @ 9 as the Paul Newman and pre-Daytonas.

The biggest problem is that all the most popular rep sites don't sell a 16520 replica, instead they sell all the older models, such as 6263, PN, pre. Why? Don't they share the same movement?

Where can I buy a reliable and accurate Daytona 16520 replica? Theoretically, it should be ran by a Asian 7750 movement without any problem, isn't it?

Many many thanks.

PS Sorry for my poor english

The 16520 series of Daytonas are few and far between these days- supplanted by the running seconds at 6 latest models.

Here's a TT from Silix- would be a 16523, I guess:

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1344

This watch should be more reliable than a seconds at 6, but may still need a service at some point. Sub dial spacing is off from the gen, but after servicing it should be a good dependable watch. If I were to get a modern Daytona- this would be it.

What is advertised as a Lemania is really a Seagull ST-19, manual wind, full chronograph (sometimes refered to as a Venus copy). They are known to be very robust and reliable. They work great and reset smooth, so they are a good choice for a rep Daytona, if you don't mind having to give it a wind up manually every other day or so. I have two of them, and they are great.

Happy Hunting B)