When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9/Noob bracelet

cschenone

Hopefully my questions makes sense. I have a noob bracelet w/ WM9 clasp on my WM9 sub. I would like to swap the end links from the WM9 bracelet as they fit the watch better than the noob's SEl's. Can this be done?

Thank you in advance,

-Chris ;)

Edited by cschenone
  • Like 1

Hi Chris,

I think Ubi did this mod, so he might be the best in reply. I think the WM9 end links are splined and press fit together. I would guess a very sharp blade between the press fit pieces may get them started apart. Hopefully Ubi will see this thread and post up some neede advice!

Cheers,

JJ

Indeed- You have to split the links apart and swap the SEL piece. They're pinned together by pressure; simply wedge a strong, sharp blade between the links to separate.

I used some old TW Best end links that I filed down and refinished; this produced a nice, sharp squared edge on the mid link and I found that the old TW Best SELs fit the lugs even better than the WM9's:

IMG_3034.jpg

And some dissected SEL pics for your entertainment...

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

I also used the first set of outer links from the WM9 bracelet connecting to the SELs as they have the ref number omitted, which is correct for a 93250 of this era :)

Finish off with the WM9 clasp and call it done.

Indeed- You have to split the links apart and swap the SEL piece. They're pinned together by pressure; simply wedge a strong, sharp blade between the links to separate.

I used some old TW Best end links that I filed down and refinished; this produced a nice, sharp squared edge on the mid link and I found that the old TW Best SELs fit the lugs even better than the WM9's:

IMG_3034.jpg

And some dissected SEL pics for your entertainment...

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

I also used the first set of outer links from the WM9 bracelet connecting to the SELs as they have the ref number omitted, which is correct for a 93250 of this era :)

Finish off with the WM9 clasp and call it done.

I have a little doubt @Ubiquitous, you are much more expert of me to the Rolex, but I've collected many pics over time... so today

found in my archives a pics a few years ago is a gen Rolex Submariner Date ref. 16610 09-2005:

rolexsale35dsc01366az1.jpg

w640.png

rolexsale135166104dm1.jpg

w640.png

Edited by MAHLER

ehm, sorry has lost a photo... these subs are of the same year of production but the bracelets are different even though both 93250. I thought that perhaps, if the rlx is inconsistent, is not so important if the number is there or not?

Edited by MAHLER

Mahler-

The 2005 year seems to be a bit of a transitional period for the 93250 bracelets on these; that's why you see differences between the two. Somewhat similar to the '99/'00 transition from loose end links to SEL.

In the case of these WM9's, they are Z serial (2007) or M serial (2008), and should all come with the unmarked/unref'd final link ;)

Mahler-

The 2005 year seems to be a bit of a transitional period for the 93250 bracelets on these; that's why you see differences between the two. Somewhat similar to the '99/'00 transition from loose end links to SEL.

In the case of these WM9's, they are Z serial (2007) or M serial (2008), and should all come with the unmarked/unref'd final link ;)

Thanks for having clarified my doubt :D !

Also... It's possible to see a newer bracelet retrofitted to an older serial watch as a replacement. Depends on the situation, but it's similar to having an old T dial replaced with a Lumi dial :)

The alarm bells should be ringing when you see an older bracelet (or dial or any other part) fitted to a newer watch.

:)

Right! It's difficult to investigate a genuine like a replica there are many possible variables. I think is also a sign of how the modern horological is slowly losing value. Rolex, like other brands, produces too many watches but tries to contain the value on the market with long waits to buy a new one as daytona and LV.