When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franck Mueller Casablanca

Samurai

Okay boys and girls, I just (just) received it, and I'm quite happy. I have no idea if it is terribly close to the original, but it does have a feeling of quality. The case is highly polished, the guilloche dial is very nice, push buttons are smooth, engravings on the back are pretty nice. The strap is pretty cheap though, as is the buckle. The ends of the pushers have some blue paint or something on them that isn't especially attractive. I don't know what that's about. I may try to visit my local gen dealer to get a sense of how it is in comparison to the a real one.

I tried to take pics, but I'm horrible at indoor evening pics.

Here they are, fwiw.

Casablanca

I don't have a macro lens unfortunately. Maybe I should get one, instead of the next watch.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the blue stuff. Pretty sticky.

Since I don't know what the date wheel is supposed to look like, I guess I'm not missing much. In my searches, I found at least 3 different datewheel locations and looks on the genuine article, so meh.

I don't have a macro lens unfortunately. Maybe I should get one, instead of the next watch.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the blue stuff. Pretty sticky.

Since I don't know what the date wheel is supposed to look like, I guess I'm not missing much. In my searches, I found at least 3 different datewheel locations and looks on the genuine article, so meh.

Here is the gen:

FRANCK_MULLER_Crono_01_c.jpg

As far as I can tell a Stainless Steel/Platinum/White gold variant does not even exist.

I haven't found that exact watch in SS, but here's something similar:

FM 7880 CC AT Obviously, it has a black face, and no date. The date at 6 watches all seem to be 2 small dial watches.

I'll see if I can take better pics, but it may be a few days.

I don't have a gram scale, but it is quite hefty - comparable to my PAM111. Lighter than my gen Omega Speedmaster, but that's all SS, including the band.

I haven't been able to find this watch in SS/platinum/WG either. This is the closest in appearance I could find...but not the same size (49mm length x 35mm width)

hxxp://www.thefinestwatches.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/catalog.viewProduct/productId/8801

fmchornopv8.jpg

Edited by jot9011

• 8 months later...