When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling SFSO, SOSF "lite" Asian with AR & Sapphire?

hackR

All --

There's a newer version of the SFSO asian that i saw over at RWI from a rookie dealer time4direct...this vendor has good reviews and seems to be very honest in his posts/opinions/discussions...

Incredible pricing if you ask me...incredible...pls chk it out...the only thing i see that's different from the other "lite" models is that this watch has an "arrow point" second hand versus the usual "square", AR, sapphire and higher beat movement...here's the spec from the post...

AR sapphire (real not the mineral some call synthetic sapphire!!)

High beat Asian movement with steel movement holder

Same weight as the $350 watch

All usual markings including "B" logo on rotating bezel

Latest arrow second hand these are not easy to find with AR glass

heavy deployment double locking

Available with white/blue/black dials

Lume on these is excelent

Rubber bands also avaialble either instead of or in addition to steel

Pleas ask price if you would like to include both bands

As i am ready to pull the trigger on an SFSO "lite" with white dial, i am interested in knowing if any of you know anything about this and/or can take a look at the pics/specs over at RWI...

Here's the link: http://replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic...196&t=43854

thanks...R

The arrow/square is available from dealer's here as well. It was a difference in the year of the SOSF release.

If you look at the Breitling site, their flash driven section for the SOSF model shows closeup flashes of the dial...the first flash is actually the older square second hand, while the pic of the watch shows the current arrow.

The watch if it's the same one is highly regarded and referred to as the Asian Fish or Asian SOSF. Whether or not the movement is high beat is of debate, as the movement is likely a DG2813 which is a slow beat movement. The high beat movement is the DG4813 and nobody but Chris at Eurotimez is using these in reps.

hi...thanks for the info...

there's a picture of the movement on this RWI link...can you tell if it's DG2813 or DG4813...

either way, factoring in the AR and sapphire; with the potential for an actual higher beat movement -- it sure seems like a good deal when the non-AR, mineral crystal, and standard low-beat movement are selling between $108-$170...which by-the-way, seems like a very wide range of cost...i went to 10 different RWC, RWI dealers and that's what the sfso "lites" are selling for...

R-

Hi, I saw this model too and i'm planning to get the blue dial with rubber coz white isn't my thing. A friend from the forum told me its a slow beat DG2813 but considering the AR and sapphire its i good buy i think. I e-mailed him for an order but haven't answered back yet. Let me know. Send me PM. thanks.