When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my Submariner from PT

SBrat

Hi

Received my Submariner from PT. Communication was great. PT was a pleasure to work with and answered all my questions. He mentioned a delivery period of 14-16 days when I placed my order, but the watch was actually delievred to USA within 10 days of payment:) The watch looks great. Thumbs up for PT.

Attaching a few pictures. Please bear with my bad photoraphic skills.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=june2008064ta0.jpg%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=june2008065uk2.jpg%7Boption%7D

Will post better pictures. Need your help and advice on this.

As you may see from the pictures, the crown doesnot sit flush with the watch even when it is fully screwed in. This makes the crown look much bigger than what it is, since it is protruding out a little. Wanted to confirm that this is a defect. PT has offered to swap the watch, but I want to be sure that there is a serious issue before getting a replacement.

Will really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks.

Brat

post-16444-1224092133_thumb.jpg

Brat:

Try firmly pressing the crown in while turning the crown counter clock-wise. You should feel a click when it gets to the point where the thread on the crown stem starts. At that point firmly turn the crown clock-wise. If you feel that the grown is just not going in far enough to engage then I would have to guess that is it a misplaced o-ring blocking it. (from a mutual member pfran42)

That is how it worked on my Euromariner.

its also easy to misalign the threads when screwing it down and having it screw down at a bit of an angle leaving a bit of the bottom exposed as a result. this happens on my noobmariner often because of the NON OEM after market crown but original noob tube. try using your thumb againt the crown and screwing it down straight, if it still doesnt screw down all the way perhaps one of the threads wasnt machined properly OR what patinga said about the oring