When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Polish - Help Needed

When she was in Italy, my wife bought some "Class" marrone scuro shoe polish. It is wonderful stuff... it stains as well as gives lustre - I used it on a mid-brown strap that I didn't like... the result is a wonderful warm, very dark chesnut brown colour. Now I love that strap!

The trouble is, my wife is running low on this polish and has reserved its future use for her shoes, exclusivly.

My wife doesn't understand watch-straps are so much more important than shoes...

So does anyone know where I get get "Class" polish on the web? I have searched without success... but perhaps it appears on an Italian site... any help would be appreciated. here's a pic:

87262-29164.jpg

I had to wait until the wife was away from home before taking that pic. If she had seen me as much as touch her precious pot of "Class"... my life wouldn't be worth living...

When she was in Italy, my wife bought some "Class" marrone scuro shoe polish. It is wonderful stuff... it stains as well as gives lustre - I used it on a mid-brown strap that I didn't like... the result is a wonderful warm, very dark chesnut brown colour. Now I love that strap!

The trouble is, my wife is running low on this polish and has reserved its future use for her shoes, exclusivly.

My wife doesn't understand watch-straps are so much more important than shoes...

So does anyone know where I get get "Class" polish on the web? I have searched without success... but perhaps it appears on an Italian site... any help would be appreciated. here's a pic:

87274-29163.jpg

I had to wait until the wife was away from home before taking that pic. If she had seen me as much as touch her precious pot of "Class"... my life wouldn't be worth living...

Perhaps you can find something here:

http://www.wellfox.com/supermercato/shop/p...8&Lingua=it

Here is producer web site (sorry, no english version):

http://www.paglierisellsystem.com/

I've tried to call em to know if there's some dealer close to me, unfortunately they're off on saturdays.

I'll try again next monday if i'm not too busy and you're still interested. :)

Ciao :)

Wow!

Now that's what I call service! An answer within moments of asking the question.

What a fantastic community this is!

Many thanks, Ryaku... I'll write to the manufacturer (by snail mail - they don't list a e-mail address on their website) and ask if they have a distributor in the UK.

So irritating to think that if I were in Italy, all I have to do is to pop into Auchan... great supermarket, by the way. The one at Fano even sells Fuller's London Pride beer... one of my favourites :D

Happy timekeeping!

Clive

I have used Mephisto Waterproof - Shoe Cream - Dark Brown.

Is worked very well on one of my straps but just a note for those that will try this - don't forget it will stain the stitching too and your nice contrasting light colored stitch will be 'less contrasty'.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Here's the email address of their consumer services dept:

servizio.consumatori@paglierisellsystem.com

I can easily see Clive as "Sole UK Distributor, by Appointment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II & General Purveyor to RWG Watchstrap Junkies."