When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 7750 Auto Stem issues etc

StormTooper4

Guys

I think I've broken my 229 DSN 7750 auto based watch.

Yeah yeah, here we go again, I know!!!!!! When will I learn, JUST STOP TINKERING

Anyhow I think I was over zealously trying to change the time and what appeared to happen was that I managed to unwind the crown

So I took the back off like you do, when you think yer some kind of sudo watch smith and then I realise I know jack about watches. I managed to sort of screw the crown back in but it would not wind up and would only change the time backwards.

Here is a picture of the crown in

pa193332gh4.jpg

Here is it out

pa193338cb3.jpg

And here is it off

pa193339sf4.jpg

So I managed to get the stem out, but that was a battle and I managed to screw it in tight but it is not happy now, and I don't actually think its fixed in for any length of time.

All that happens now regardless of it being in or out or half way for the date change position whatever, all that happens is I can change the time AARRGGGGHHHH round and round those hands go.

I can't remember if there was some sort of hack on these watches, but the second hand won't even move now even so the watch isn't even running.

So have I royally stuffed it and need to start to think about asking DSN for help?, or is something my local watch guy could fix with out bleeding me completely dry?

I really like this watch it was my first stainless steel one and my only automatic

Here is what it should look like

p9263208xz4.jpg

Thoughts and support appreciated as always guys.

ST4

I think your watchperson should be able to fix this one up easily and for small dollars.

Cheers for the bump mate, My watch guy is different to my metal worker guy but I think you maybe right. I think I've snapped the stem in the crown though, fingers crossed that the spare crown I have will fit this Auto.