When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Ceramic Problem....!

elprimerozen

Hi gang!!

I would like to give you some feedback about the quality and constraction of the Ceramic GMT master2....

I bought this watch from my dealer...when it arived it was working perfect.....after 2 days a problem came up...

The crystal just poped out!!! I was mad!! I never experienced this kind of problem with Rolex reps....

I contact my dealer Joshua and asked him for a replacment,which he send imedietly!

I have recieved the replacement...and after some days agian the crystal poped out!

I have opened up the watch removed the caliber and tryed to put back the crystal together with the gasket.....if you put it all the way in as it suposed to be....the crystal tuches the seconds hand.....if you put the crystal as it came from my dealer the crystal may pop out again.....So f**** this watch!! The quality of crystal construction is the WORST ever on a rolex rep.I tried to remove the crystal from some old rolex reps that i have and it was realy realy hard..and the construction of the old reps is way way better!!!,but on this new super 1:1 crap Rolex rep its realy easy to put it out!

So be realy sceptical if you are going to buy this series of Rolex...

Please if somebody experienced the same problem feel free to post here.......

This used to be a known QC/dropshipper problem with this rep.

Mine came from PT without any problems whatsoever. I'm very happy to wait a week or two more, pay a few bucks extra and get a hand-picked and QC'd watch... without any customs problems inside the EU.

I am sorry to hear of your problem.

But it should be pointed out that hundreds have been sold to board members, and this is the first problem of this nature I have heard.

I have purchased 2, 1 Asian when they very first came out and 1 ETA more recently.

Both were supplied with the cyrystal a little off - higher on the 3 oclock side - 1st one much worse than the sceond.

But by pressing the crystal all the way in it in no way interfered with the hands.

Although no consolation to you, it is more likely somehow you received a dog with flies and maybe 2x from the same batch.

Maybe it is a gasket issue, is your gasket bent preventing it from going in correctly?

Cheers,

M

Thanks for the feed back people...

So to the point....yes maybe i was out of luck and i recieved 2 watches with the same problem.....this is not the exact point.

The point here is that the gasket is so thin and there is almost no room for the crystal to go enough in so it can stay secure in place if you compare it to a Noobmariner...or a retro GMT master2 or a datejust(i have checked it) on these kind of watches you can not remove the crystal easy....I hope that you will try to remove the crystal from the ceramic version sometime and you will understand what im talking about.

By-Tor my second watch that came ,the crystal was looking just perfect!So it was not a QC issue...Its good to have QC!But this was something that you could not see at QC,as i took the second watch for presure test and it passed...

El - Are you sure the seconds hand is pressed down onto the pinion? It may not have been fully seated, which could explain why it contacts the underside of the crystal when the crystal is fully installed. Another possibility - can you tell if there is a dial spacer between the underside of the dial & the front face of the movement? If they left it out, the movement may be locating too far forward in the case, which would leave the pinions too high above the dial & too close to the crystal.

I too am sorry to hear about your problem. My ETA ihs from PT is one of the best reps I have ever purchased in the 8 years Ive been doing this. 2 months straight on my wrist and it is literally better than when I got it.

the bracelet was very "jangly" (sic) and it has since quieted down.