When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link limted edition

alphakazi

low and behold I just checked my mail box ^_^ about 9 days from USA to Canada :rolleyes:

bought from RWG2 member

packed in a plastic bag and put in a lightly padded envelope - hardly well packed - but it arrived in one piece - the chrono pusher is stuck and doesn't work without excessive force - at 1st, It thought it didn't work at all - didn't want to force anything - then I pushed a little harder.... nothing - I said f.uck it and pushed excessively hard - CLICK! - the chrono starts beating away - the reset pusher is smooth as silk though - I won't be using the start pusher until I can get this fixed - the seller must have known of this issue and it was probably the reason he sold it - the price was reasonable but was not a good deal to say the least considering the condition. I still didn't get my tracking number which the seller said he would send to me last week - he forgot it at work, then was sorry he just forgot, etc. was suppose to get it today but uh, yea

I don't have much motivation to take great pics as I'm not very impressed with the transaction - but the watch is good looking though even without AR - I can't wear it - the bracelet might fit a 6.5 or 7" wrist if that - I can't get it past my fingers after opening the deployment lol :lol: of course no fault of the seller - I'll have to source links or put it on a strap once I get that pusher issue fixed. the crown is wobbly and seems it will break soon, upon winding the watch you encounter lots of friction - it's abnormally hard to wind (better get my watch winder soon) - other than that.. oh yea, the dial is nothing to write home about with crooked markers and some having more height than others (seen under loupe) - whatever... I paid about $135 US after all was said and done

anyhow here is proof it did happen :

no post processing - just some crappy pictures for ya

img3707byk6.jpg

img3703bwm5.jpg

img3706bqf0.jpg

img3702bdv6.jpg

img3715blt3.jpg

img3716bqx4.jpg

img3693bvd7.jpg

img3701bio0.jpg

img3697bbq4.jpg

img3696bxi3.jpg

img3718bha1.jpg

img3691qt1.jpg

couldn't wait to have it fixed and wanted to test it out today - I have a load of cheap straps I got form my local wholesaler for $3.50 each - some of them are pretty decent - well, I'd say great for the price - tried a black.. didn't feel right - the brown seems to fit the bill until I can order some higher end straps.

img3722cau1.jpg

img3735cpd8.jpg

img3734cgi1.jpg

img3724cih2.jpg

img3736cjx0.jpg

erk - sorry that didn't work out so well. There but for the grace of God.... etc...

This has certainly made me re-think my whole outlook on buying reps second-hand. I think I'll stick to new...

On a more upbeat note, however, some of those straps look damned good for $3.50...

erk - sorry that didn't work out so well. There but for the grace of God.... etc...

This has certainly made me re-think my whole outlook on buying reps second-hand. I think I'll stick to new...

On a more upbeat note, however, some of those straps look damned good for $3.50...

C'mon, Kazi, watch looks good, strap match it well, so, for the price- enjoy!

But never buy second hand rep. again.

so it turns out the seller is willing to pay for it to get fixed - imagine that - all of a sudden I feel much better - I probably will never get it fixed but it was the thought that counted

cool - kudos to the seller :)

just a quick update :

watch is running like a champ (about -7 secs day ) and although the chrono pusher is stiff to use, I've been using it daily for timing my walks - my dogs are loving their new extended walks :)

another wristy for good measure

img3748an7.jpg

it'll look better on a thick kevlar strap