When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen spring bars for Tag Aquaracer day-date

World Traveller

I bought the Tag Aquaracer Day Date rep a year ago and one thing has always bothered me about it is poor spring bars that do not fit properly with the bracelet and the case. This I understand is a very common issue with reps.

I went into a Authorized Dealer this weekend and after showing them my genuine Breitling that I had gotten there they gave me a pair of the spring bars that are used on the Aquaracer when I said I had messed mine up. The dealer was really nice about it, they said it takes 21mm spring bars.

I highly recommend this simple upgrade. Next thing I would like to do possibly is get a gen rubber strap. I wish Tag had a smooth composite rubber like Panerai uses.

Did they fit without the need to bend them? Perhaps my old Aquaracer had misalligned lug holes, but the spring bars needed a slight bend in the middle for them to fit. Pics? :-)

These did not need to be bent. I will upload some picts tonight.

It was lot more difficult than usual to remove and reattach the bracelet, but I have always had a hard time with this Tag's bracelet. I even ruined the first one I bought trying to resize it. I had to re-order a replacement bracelet which has been just fine. This shouldn't be too hard for most folks to do with the proper tools.

These did not need to be bent. I will upload some picts tonight.

It was lot more difficult than usual to remove and reattach the bracelet, but I have always had a hard time with this Tag's bracelet. I even ruined the first one I bought trying to resize it. I had to re-order a replacement bracelet which has been just fine. This shouldn't be too hard for most folks to do with the proper tools.

don't suppose you know what diametre they are? Can get 1.5 and 1.8mm ones and just wondered if the 1.8's would do the job.