When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Soliciting movement suggestions

TeeJay

I'm coming to the conclusion that in order to get the movement and dial out of my Canal Street PAM, I'm going to have to do the movement a 'physical discourtesy' ( :lol: ) which will likely render it un-useable <_< I'd like to keep a mechanical movement in the project, but I don't mind if it's auto or hand-winding (although by choice, hand-winding would be preferable) It has to have a date-wheel, and it has to have seconds at six. I've seen a few Pateks running seconds at six, but not with the date-wheel as well... My other option, is to try a seconds at nine auto movement (like my 104) but then put the movement in a pocket-watch case, so it wouldn't be an issue to have the stem at twelve, but, getting the movement to fit into the watch case might be an issue :lol: And, to be honest, I would like to keep this as a wrist watch if possible... Of course, if I could just order the movement as an ebauch rather than having to buy a watch and dissect it, that could also be prefereable ^_^

Thanks in advance :)

Okay, I got the white queen's caseback off with my thumbnails still attached, and finally managed to get some shots of the movement. Now, I'm sure I know a crown release when I see one, but please can folks just confirm that the smallest depression just above and to the left of where the stem is entering the movement, that I've been jamming a screwdriver in, is indeed a crown release...?

No matter how hard I press down, the stem simply will not release. Should I try removing the crown from the stem and then sliding it out of the case with the stem still attached, or, should I just ignore the consequences and rip the movement out? I am planning on a movement transplant if necessary, but equally, if I could keep the movement intact, that would also be acceptable... What do folks think?

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg