When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speed vs Bond bracelet

Guest jagleaso

It's hard to because there are so many different versions on different reps of this bracelet. Usually the Bond bracelet suffers from having screws instead of pins, and from memory (dont take as gospel) sometimes the clasp engravings can be slightly poor on the Speedy style. In general they're of an acceptable level. It really depends what watch you're buying, and what look you're going for.

If you have the Speedy style bracelet from a 2245 SMP, the endlinks might fit the SMP Chrono, but it may need some re-wrking to get it in there. If you have a Speedy bracelet, as Takashi has said, it won't fit because the endlinks are different. You can't swap an end link from the Bond to the Speedy because they attach to the bracelet differently.

Guest jagleaso
If you have the Speedy style bracelet from a 2245 SMP, the endlinks might fit the SMP Chrono, but it may need some re-wrking to get it in there. If you have a Speedy bracelet, as Takashi has said, it won't fit because the endlinks are different. You can't swap an end link from the Bond to the Speedy because they attach to the bracelet differently.

K, thanks guys!

IMO the best version of each are of equally good quality. I have an old Bond with the 'best' bracelet, curved links, pins etc and a black SMP with a pin bracelet, polished sides, segmented end-links etc and both are v good. The black SMP is the 'old school' ETA version with the correct HE valve position, correct length hands, correct pattern caseback-- but not available anymore. The bracelets aren't interchangeable as the springbar holes aren't in the same position. The Bond bracelet is too loose on the black SMP and the Speedy-style bracelet won't go onto the Bond.

Both excellent watches BTW although both may now be for sale to pay for some gens.

IMO the best version of each are of equally good quality. I have an old Bond with the 'best' bracelet, curved links, pins etc and a black SMP with a pin bracelet, polished sides, segmented end-links etc and both are v good. The black SMP is the 'old school' ETA version with the correct HE valve position, correct length hands, correct pattern caseback-- but not available anymore. The bracelets aren't interchangeable as the springbar holes aren't in the same position. The Bond bracelet is too loose on the black SMP and the Speedy-style bracelet won't go onto the Bond.

Both excellent watches BTW although both may now be for sale to pay for some gens.

I have gotten by "best" bond bracelet (from a blue bond SMP) to fit my black SMP from King (org w/ speedy bracelet) and my correct He closed factory electric blue SMP (org w/ speedy bracelet). Perhaps I'm missing something with this question asked by the PO.