When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions On This Carrera Please

Guest TheDude

I sure hope the watch comes... it probably will. Think about how stoked you'll feel when it show up!

If not however, you're basically out of luck because you can't contest the charge against your credit card. They will take you very seriously and start to fill out the forms over the phone until you tell them the purchase was for an illegal counterfeit watch purchased with the express knowledge that what you were doing was breaking the law. Kind of like getting a refund from that pesky bald-headed bookie that carries a baseball bat around... Visa wants nothing to do with that.

Either way you're on the right rail now and this site will definitely guide you straight...

Guest TheDude

Well the watch just arrived. No customs charges. The watch itself looks and feels fine. Seems to work fully and has a nice weight to it. I'll upload a few pics later after work. I'm sure it's a good watch although there's no getting away from the fact i could have got it a lot cheaper from a dealer on here. I'll know next time.

All i have to do now is work out how to adjust the bracelet. I've searched the net and searched on here and can't seem to find a step by step. I adjusted the bracelet on my old Accurist watch with a small hammer and a blunt push tack with great success, but this seems a lot more complicated and i don't wanna risk messin with it to damage it. Will probably end up taking it to a small watch store here. No point taking it to a Tag dealer. They'd probably just laugh at me.lol

Awesome. As far as sites go, you shopped from one that delivers...that's what matters. Expensive? Yes...but they delivered which is a lot better than other folks here have experienced from other scam sites. The watch looks good. Now...just because I'm a nice guy...here's some recreational reading (if you look at the end of the url, you will see the search terms used to find the pages):

Care and Feeding of Automatic and Manual Watches

Care and Feeding of A7750s

Why Handwinding is Bad

Problems Accelerating Wear and Maintenance of A7750s

A7750 Power Reserve and Rotor Spinning Problems

Noisy Rotor and Grease/Oil

A7750 Spinning Rotor...is it a problem?

How To Adjust Timing or Beat

Guest TheDude

Well i took the watch to a local watch repair store to have the bracelet resized. When i handed it to the guy he asked me if it was real. I assume he was thinking, if it was real i wouldn't be taking it to him and i'd probably have gone to a high street jewellers with it. When i came back to pick it up he said it was an extremely good copy. I said i think it has a good quality Asian movement. He replied with "yeah, you try to undo a screw and the head breaks off"

Edited by TheDude