When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger

TenJed69

I'm probably going to be ordering one of the Ultimate Super Avengers, either in blue or black I think (will go try on a gen if I can find one at a dealer, see which suits better). I might opt for a Skyland if I think the SA is too big (I have an itty bitty wrist so it WILL be huge, but I'd prefer it as it's got silver around the subdials, on the numerals and that nice big wings logo, as opposed to the printing and lumed numerals on the AS).

I already have a V2 BCE. A couple of questions:

How do the AS and SA compare to the V2 BCE in terms of quality and how realistic they are?

What are the give-aways on the AS and SA?

How is the lume for brightness? One thing I don't like about my BCE is that the lume goes dim after about a minute and needs lots of light to charge it even for that.

Is there some work I should have done on it e.g. pearl re-doing, waterproofing etc? I am in the UK so I don't want to keep shipping it in and out through customs, risking getting hit with VAT and import duty, so how should I go about this if I need to? Is there a dealer who can do the work before shipping? Or should I have my dealer ship to the guy doing the work, then have them ship it on to me when finished?

Where would be the cheapest place to buy a gen Pro II bracelet?

How do the rep leathers compare to the real thing? Are there rep croc straps available and how are they?

Good choice to be flying with Breitlings!

The Skyland and Super Avenger are both good options for you. I'm not going to mention which one you should prefer based solely on wristsize because YMMV (your mileage may vary).

They both are good copies and both pass muster @ first glance, but what both suffer from is poorly centered lume dots. Someone might chime in about how a rep Skyland may copare to the gen, but I own both a gen and rep SA (owned the gen before rep) and they are eerily close.

Some things to consider when receiving the rep to get it as faithful to the gen is either getting the dial relumed or buying a gen dial (I recommend the latter option). Replacing the bezel might also be an option because the finish on the gen bezel is vastly superior in terms of finish and has a more "solid" click feel than on the rep. Again, it is unnoticeable unless if you are hardcore SA WIS.

I don't know how much gen Pro II bracelets cost in the UK, but here in the states they run about $500-$600. If you are opting to mount the watch on a bracelet, getting a gen is recommended. It will fit more flush to the case. It's slightly thicker than the rep bracelet. Additionally, the clasp is much more durable (less prone to easy scratching due to opening/closing buckle) and snaps shut without modification as is evident on the rep.

Lastly, a gen or aftermarket strap is HIGLY recommended. Rep croc straps are crap. I own a couple OEM crocs. They are soft and have withstood water-intensive activities. You should look into the gen calf straps as well. Only $130 and includes the buckle (here in the states, at least).

Both the SA and AS are decent reps,not in the league of the V3 BCE though.

The lume dots once noticed will stick out like a sore thumb everytime you look at the watch,and they are horrid.

The rep Pro2 is not of the quality found in the BCE bracelet,but a gen Pro2 can be bought at authenticwatches.com for $500USD,i have heard some being found on ebay for less,but these days,you might end up with a rep bracelet from that place.... ;)

If your standards are not too high,the SA and AS reps will live up to your standards.