When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TZ Toolkit

dieselpower

Hello all,

I am thinking of going through the TZ Watch School Level 1 training course. I presume that the Level 1 toolkit is a good investment. I would just like to ask the esteemed members who have experience of these things if they recommend that I invest in it or is there another shortlist of essential tools that I should buy?

Thanks.

Get the TZ kit. It is the best investment (if you plan to work on watches) you can make.

You might ask the TZ gods if you can swap the Bergeon screwdrivers for a Horotec set, or, at least, get a set of Horotec driver refills since they are better made (last longer) than the current Bergeons. If I remember correctly, I think they let me make a couple of substitutions when I took the course. But the rules may have changed since then.

Cheers chaps. Have just printed off the level 1 course ETA 2801. I haven't read any of it yet but I presume it is a 'teach yourself at home' type thing where you just follow the book and - hopefully learn as you go?

yes.. bit of theory, disassemble, reassemble.

and then you do it again.. and again because something isn't working :p

take the course !!!!

Take the kit !!!!!

i am really happy i did it.

It really got me started

if you get lesson 1 & 2 kit you will have most needed tools, then you can add a few more time to time when needed

The serious buisness only comes in lesson 2 though ...

And unfortunatly they never finished the lesson 3 (wich was originaly planed)