When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chrono Avenger: to AR or replace domed crystal?

hackR

i just posted same over in chieftang's forum:

Chieftang, et al --

I am a newbie and have recently received my first two watches...a hbb lite and a navi chrono avenger - brushed ss - 43mm case...the chrono avenger was purchased with a utc bracelet...yes - i know this is a flawed rep (been learning/reading and pm'ing andreww, etc), but i always liked the looks of this watch so i figured it was a good kick-around one to wear...

here's my question...it obviously has no AR on the crystal...the crystal is slightly domed -- which results in slight distortion (or whatever it's called) when you look at the watch from a steep side angle...so here's my question: i know the AR will cut down on glare/reflection/etc but the distortion still has to be there, right?...so would i be better off to just replace the crystal with a new flat one with AR versus having the current domed one AR'd?...

i love chieftang's work and wouldn't hesitate to send him the crystals (main and utc)...but i'm just not sure if i will get the effect i want with this domed crystal...(even while typing this and looking at the watch i see distortion b/c of the dome...(typing on a laptop)...anyhow, the question is what to do with this domed crystal...

if a crystal replacement is something to consider, is there someone that any of you recommend?...i live in new york, USA...

thanks...R