When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen watch? Tag Link Chrono..

Tom Hawkes

High five! :D

Please could someone help me out real quick and assure me that there are no reps of this watch?

oEoBoAoYo nr: 160294103801

Should be this I guess:

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/lin...w=CJ1110.BA0576

Any comments on the watch?

Thanks!

I think it is genuine. Has seen some reps of this. Easy to rep since it is a quartz, however the engravings on this looks too good.

Too late, I guess.. It has sold, to you?.

Yes. I was looking for the older quartz chrono from bourne identity but the price seemed nice on this one (though without box or papers) so I pulled the trigger on it.. Hope I didn't overpay?

Just wanted to be sure before sending the payment.. Do you know where I could find pics of the rep?

Thanks..

Edited by Tom Hawkes

I have not seen a rep yet that could replicate the ETA movement (251.262) used in this watch...even though it is a quartz.

You see, the top-right subdial does the 1/10th second counter. So far, all quartz Link reps have two 60-counter subdials (minutes and seconds).

I am confident that what you are buying is a gen.

EDIT: I said earlier that F1 reps also have that crappy quartz japanese movement. Turns out it's not true.

Edited by anton

It exists quartz-replicas which use the genuine ETA 251 movement, with 1/10 sec subdial.

The only I can recall at the moment are the Porsche Quartz chrono and the TAG Heuer Indy 500.

tags016-1.jpg

The Indy is a cheapie at 105 USD. It has the 1/10 counter@2. Guess this has a Japanese movement.

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1799

The Porsche is advertised with ETA 251. It has also the split-seconds function.

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=2068

pors005-1.jpg

Nice watch, but quite expensive at 395 USD.

• 3 months later...

Congrats Tom, and enjoy... it's really nice!

Link bracelet could be my all time favorite bracelet on ANY watch. Pure genius and very original & great innovation by TAG.

Thank you. It indeed is very comfortable. I have been wearing this watch everyday since I got it, although it is quartz.. Originally I wanted to buy a Speedmaster but I got the Link for around 600 Euros so I had to pull the trigger on it. Now I am trying to convince myself to still buy the Speedmaster, which is an awesome watch but somehow I am pretty satisfied with the Link.. :/