When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luminor Power Reserve

Tim_J

In terms of accuracy this is not a good replication. Basically it is as good or bad as your average 30$ replica.

To name a few obvious flaws,

- Crown guard-> too large, funky looking lever.

- Crown -> funky looking, very few teeth, crown rim very shallow.

- Dial -> wrong power reserve spacing, pr scale tool large, numerals and hour indexes too large, lume should look like aged tritium (yellow) instead of luminova green.

- Date -> white on black date instead of black on white.

Her is a pic of the gen for comparison.

post-406-1225011098_thumb.jpg

The crown and crown guard are what really jump out at me, but the dial's pretty nasty too. I have one very similar picked up a while back as part of a deal I did for some Montblanc pens and a few rep straps. When I tell you that the watch wound up costing me less than $10 and I still think I was shafted you'll realise why I'd be inclined to give it a miss ;) Seriously, the only part of it worth having was a rather nice tang buckle on the strap....

Some of the PAM 090 are decent, but w/ the PR it is typcally a 21j mvmt.

I know that PWC has the new 233 (manual wind) with the only major flaw of a wrong color DW (it's white & should be black)

Watch out for some of the PR as the PR indicator will register above full or below 0 (not a dificult fix)

Good Luck

That is a quite ugly cased 027 rep.

It mounts a DG 3886 movement. Pretty decent Asian movent. The only other option you have for a movement with power reserve at 6Hr is an ETA 2892-A2, at no less than 500 USD -- provided you manage to find it.

Silix was selling a similar 027 rep, with a much better case, at 80 USD.

A fair price for that watch is 40 USD.