When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My GMTIIC on Nato

64bit

Been here for a while reading posts on the forum but rarely did I post. Just today I saw the thread about TT GMTIIC new model by By-Tor and it reminds me of my GMTIIC. While hoping it to come out with sold gold, I took some pics of my GMT here. Enjoy ;)

DSC07233.jpg

DSC07229.jpg

DSC07235.jpg

DSC07206.jpg

DSC07212.jpg

DSC07220.jpg

DSC07210.jpg

DSC07246.jpg

DSC07247.jpg

Thanks for looking

The other day I was talking with my watchmaker and he mentioned something about the movements in reps. He said the so called "swiss" movements used in reps are not actually made by swiss but actually by China. So far from my reading there is another movement called asian copy of swiss right? So where do actually these "swiss" movements come from? Can someone explain this to me or drop some links that discuss about the origin of these movements?

Thanks in advance

Looking Good :)

all do i prefer bracelet for this model as its kinda to "rich" to be worn on nato... still to each his own.

Laz

Thanks lazarini. Actually I like this watch on the bracelet better and think that this strap looks better on SUB but the weather here in BKK these days is pretty hot. So I rather go something more comfortable before the winter. ;)

Edited by 64bit

The other day I was talking with my watchmaker and he mentioned something about the movements in reps. He said the so called "swiss" movements used in reps are not actually made by swiss but actually by China. So far from my reading there is another movement called asian copy of swiss right? So where do actually these "swiss" movements come from? Can someone explain this to me or drop some links that discuss about the origin of these movements?

Thanks in advance

there are reps with ETA movements and there are also copy-eta movt.

eta movt. are swiss made and used also gen brands like omega, tagheuer etc....

copy-eta movt. are 1-1 copy of etas and they work same as etas and look very similar

hope this helps

:o Is aesthetically beautiful, but the ceramic fx disoriented... remains to me an idea of a special occasions!

You mean the insert is popping out of the lip? Without the mod work, is this normal to see this flaw in these models? I bought this watch about 4 months ago so it was before the last batch I'm sure. I actually talked to the dealer about a newer version with updated ceramic is out. He didn't seem to know about it though. He said my watch is the latest of all GMT IIC models. Any words about how to fix my disoriented ceramic ?

Thanks in advance

there are reps with ETA movements and there are also copy-eta movt.

eta movt. are swiss made and used also gen brands like omega, tagheuer etc....

copy-eta movt. are 1-1 copy of etas and they work same as etas and look very similar

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply iceberg. So the ETA swiss movements in reps are actually made by ETA company right? After hearing this from my watchmaker, I was a bit confused and thought that the movement in my watch is not a real Swiss ETA but just China ETA. <_< May be my watchmaker doesn't know much about the reps. He actually opened up the caseback, regulate the time and played a bit with the rotor and said that these so called "ETA swiss" in reps are actually copied by China. -_- But my watch is running +1/day on my wrist after the regulation :D

regards

64bit

You mean the insert is popping out of the lip? Without the mod work, is this normal to see this flaw in these models? I bought this watch about 4 months ago so it was before the last batch I'm sure. I actually talked to the dealer about a newer version with updated ceramic is out. He didn't seem to know about it though. He said my watch is the latest of all GMT IIC models. Any words about how to fix my disoriented ceramic ?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I do not know exactly the material of the insert in the rep :g: , it's plastic :unsure: ?, but usually the thickness is correct with abrasive paper.

For referense the gen:

rlx3jl3.jpg

rlx1bh2.jpg

gen1ih9.jpg