When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Expanding the Universe

freddy333

I fit 2mm springbars to a rep 93150 bracelet once before, but now I cannot remember how I did it (without warping the last links)?

Does anyone have a good procedure for enlarging the holes in this rep 93150 that are made to accept 1.2mm springbars so I can fit gen 2mm springbars

endlinkconnector0011.jpg

endlinkconnector0041.jpg

endlinkconnector0061.jpg

And, while I am at it, since I have already slightly mangled the links, does anyone know how to flatten them back out? At least the side that is exposed when the watch is worn.

Hey Freddy,

i find that first securing the end i a vise but obviously not so tight as to bend it then drilling through with the appropriate size drill works.

As for fixing the damage, try find something metal and flat (maybe a screwdriver) through the link then flattening with a hammer.

hope this helps, good luck!

P.

Hey Freddy,

i find that first securing the end i a vise but obviously not so tight as to bend it then drilling through with the appropriate size drill works.

As for fixing the damage, try find something metal and flat (maybe a screwdriver) through the link then flattening with a hammer.

hope this helps, good luck!

P.

I must be getting senile. As it turns out, I have a drill bit that I even labeled 'For enlarging SD bracelet holes'. I totally forgot about it until I read your reply.

Once I found it, it all came back to me & the holes were enlarged & the bracelet put together in less than 10 minutes.

Thank you, Pete. :good:

5514on9315020151.jpg

Now, I just have to figure out how to repair the end pieces that I mangled before you pointed me back in the right direction. :bangin: