When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help...watch broke?

vizsladog

Took my watch (euromariner ETA ) to a kiosk in the mall to have dust removed from dial.

She opend it up,pushed in detent and removed stem. Decided she couldnt reomove movement and put it back together.

Well,then i cant set the time or date and when the crown was all the way screwed in it didnt work. she says she doesnt know what to do nad wasnt supposed to open rolex anyways.

So i take it to a Rolex repair shop.

he opens it up says he cant work on it cause it's not gen but does something to where now the stem will fall out if the crwon isnt screwed down.

he says a watchsmith can fix it that is not broke.

Any ideas???

Took my watch (euromariner ETA ) to a kiosk in the mall to have dust removed from dial.

She opend it up,pushed in detent and removed stem. Decided she couldnt reomove movement and put it back together.

Well,then i cant set the time or date and when the crown was all the way screwed in it didnt work. she says she doesnt know what to do nad wasnt supposed to open rolex anyways.

So i take it to a Rolex repair shop.

he opens it up says he cant work on it cause it's not gen but does something to where now the stem will fall out if the crwon isnt screwed down.

he says a watchsmith can fix it that is not broke.

Any ideas???

Sorry to hear about your experience. My advice, would be to find an independent jeweller/watchsmith, and get them to repair the damage, then, get the mall kiosk to reimburse you the cost. If she said herself that she doesn't know what to do, and wasn't supposed to open a Rolex anyway, she is admitting liability for causing damage to something she shouldn't have even considered working on in the first place, due to company policy. Normally, I have a bit of sympathy for retail staff. I know the pressures they're under to make sales targets, but if she knew she shouldn't have opened the watch in the first place, she should have been honest with you to start off with, and declined the work...

Best of luck in getting it resolved :good:

[Edit to clarify]

What I'm trying to say, is that regardless of if the watch is a rep or a gen, the mall clerk thought it was a Rolex, and, if she knew she shouldn't have opened it in the first place, she was willingly violating a company policy, making them negligent, thus responsible for the cost of repairing the damage she caused.

It seems that the lady in the kiosk damaged the keyless works. As TeeJay stated, find a good independent watch repair shop and ask if he will work on your replica that has an ETA movement. Many watch makers are not rep friendly but you won't know until you ask. You should never have taken your replica to a Rolex dealer/repair shop. You do not have a Rolex and therefore have no business doing this. You should know that doing so is frowned on by this community.

It seems that the lady in the kiosk damaged the keyless works. As TeeJay stated, find a good independent watch repair shop and ask if he will work on your replica that has an ETA movement. Many watch makers are not rep friendly but you won't know until you ask. You should never have taken your replica to a Rolex dealer/repair shop. You do not have a Rolex and therefore have no business doing this. You should know that doing so is frowned on by this community.

To be fair, he's only been signed up 20 days, the protocol with regards ADs and repair shops might not have been known, and, once the mall kiosk screwed the watch up, he might have thought that the 'name on the dial' was the only hope for repairing the movement.

Of course, if there were more skilled watchsmiths known to the community, it would only be a simple matter to refer him to them.

I really dint know what to do.

It wasnt the official AD but a ofiicial repair shop.

Either way the owner was nice about the whole thing.

The day started out with mr going to 3 other pawn/jewelry stores that sell used rolex's.

All 3 thougt it was gen and wouldnt remove the case back to try and see about removing the lint on the dial.

On antother note,thanks for all the help.

I aslo posted in the rolex area and have been told there as well that i have a keyless works issue but it's not destroyed.