When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Rubberclad bezel is toast

reprep

After wearing my ROO Ruberclad 5 times....and being VERY careful not to hit, nick, rub on, or even wear a jacket with it, and after hearing some of the other member's stories.......the rubber coating on the bezel is starting to wear off in a rather obvious and ugly way. I mean I BABIED this thing and it still wore off. Word to the wise....my advise is to steer clear of the AP ROOs with this bezel until it get "updated" with a thicker or more durable coating. I am extremely disappointed, as the rest of the watch is top shelf.

• 4 weeks later...

I removed the peeling bezel (with the help of the post detaileding the AP ROO bezel removal proceedure) and used laquer thinner to remove the rest of the thin rubber coating. It came off very easily. The bezel is PVD coated underneath the cheap rubber coating, and actually looks pretty damn good. Put it back together and am very happy with the result. The cartel should just offer them this way to begin with and save everyone the hastle.

I removed the peeling bezel (with the help of the post detaileding the AP ROO bezel removal proceedure) and used laquer thinner to remove the rest of the thin rubber coating. It came off very easily. The bezel is PVD coated underneath the cheap rubber coating, and actually looks pretty damn good. Put it back together and am very happy with the result. The cartel should just offer them this way to begin with and save everyone the hastle.

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new018zc5.jpg

Thank you for the TIP.

I do it today on mine too. B)

Great pic and post, really informative. May I ask from which dealer you bought your ROO from?

I was just about to by a rubber clad from Joshua, I spoke with him and he said the peeling issue had been solved but I was really curious where you got yours, thank you