When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me Decide: 113 vs 177

ZainoDetail

Gents,

My wife wants ideas cheap / fun christmas presents for me. I'm trying to decide between 133 or 177 as a starting point for my next PAM project. her budget is <$200 so we're talking Asian Unitas in either watch which is fine with me actually. I'm not a huge stickler for movement accuracy as with many others here i believe that if you've got a display back PAM there are far too many tells in the movement to pass it off as GEN anyhow...so I'm fine with Asian here.

In comparing the watches on Josh's site (he's usually who I do my business with) it seems like the 113 would be much better out of the box. Both watches are the same price but the 113 comes with saphire out of the box and is "less" wrong in the dial than the Titanium watch.

However I've wanted a base Titanium watch since I started this hobby but never got around to it. Obviously the only place to currently get a 176 is DSN but his watches aren't exactly in the price range. Also it seems like the Titanium watches are drying up from the cartel dealers so I'm tempted to tell her to get me a 177 and then just plan on doing a dial swap as part of the build process to make the 176 of my dreams. (esp with the Little Hero dials now available). Somehow I think I'd probably be better in the long run to tell her to get me the 113 now and then get a DSN 176 in future and mod it further...but I'm soo drawn to the Titanium.

Thoughts?

That will be a hard decisionyou have to to.

I love my titaniums 3 of them but also i love my 113

And as i said before in another forum i take sometimes both with me a titanium and a 113 just to change it during the day

Have to say on the pic is a 036 but i also have a 177 wich is in a rotation with the 036

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

Maybe this could help to se pics of the gens

panerai-pam-177.jpg

panerai-pam-113.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Paneraibob

From one PAM lover to another--I can tell you're eventually going to have both...so the better question is which do you want first?

So you get the first one on the 25th...then return all the sweatwers and knick knacks you dont want/need the following week...and then you'll have your DSN,Josh order on your doorstep by the second week of January. Problem solved.