When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

lending a helping hand?

kitersoze

like many others i've read about here, i was just this close to buying a rep from a scam site. i was (still am) brand new to the market, knew nothing, trying to get information, and essentially was at the mercy of 'googling' for knowledge. all of the upfront hits are what i now know to be scams. even the rep watch reviews and guides that are supposed to be neutral are scams. none of them felt right to me, or always there was some tiny tingle of a red flag in the back of my mind, but damn some of those really slick sites are persuasive to cherries like me. it was only through continued due diligence that i stumbled upon rwg through one of my correspondents (thanx imranbecks!), but i saw dozens and dozens of complaint boards of poor unfortunates who did pull the trigger and got screwed.

i feel badly for those people, whom i could've easily turned out to be one of, and i loathe those people who have profited from their dishonesty, seemingly unchecked.

i was wondering how other experienced members, admin, mod's in this forum feel about the idea of me, all of us, occasionally sending a message to the complaint boards or consumerwatch sites that this exists and there IS a place where fair and accurate information and experience can be sought, found, and exchanged. and then having them pass it on, etc. you all know the power of exponential reach. if we all inform someone, and ask them to inform someone, we could make them real happy, swell our numbers, and prevent some $ going to these a$$holes. i'm unfamiliar with rep community ethics or this forum's philosophy regarding such, so i'm humbly putting it out there for discussion and opinion. it was just a thought i was having as i was considering making my first rep buy ever, and how different an experience i was expecting now (happy anticipation) versus what i would've been in for had i not been as cautious and lucky.

kitersoze

Nice try, but, essentially, your proposition is akin to calling the police because you got scammed on a drug deal. That is, replicas are considered contraband, which is illegal in most countries. So I doubt you would receive a very warm reception at any consumer organization by suggesting that there are scammers involved in an illegal activity.