When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Toad's Skyland on Rep Moo-Croc

Toadtorrent

I received my rep dark brown moo-croc on deployment buckle from Angus and thought I would post some pics of it....no in depth review...just pics.

GEN DEPLOYMENT BUCKLE (NO STRAP) - $250 CDN

GEN CROC STRAP - $350 (I was told this...not confirmed)

REP ON DEPLOYMENT - $55 CDN Shipped

Some think the moo-croc looks totally fake and sucks. I disagree. The strap is thick leather with a large scale croc pattern and a dark honey brown in colour...and I think it looks fairly decent. I've seen gen croc that looks more fake to be honest. Bear in mind, the gen croc from Breitling is nice...stiff...but nice. On deployment...it's pretty close to at $700CDN option...so, to compare the gen and the rep too critically is not really fair.

The rep feels a bit rubbery to start, as they seem to coat the edges in black latex instead of trimmed leather, but with time it does soften. The underside of the strap feels crappy...but only in your hand...not in your wrist.

It's a cheap strap option...and one I think looks better than the smooth brown leather...but as always...YMMV.

I like the deployment buckle and find it fairly comfortable...even though I wear it pretty much on the narrowest setting.

Anyways...on to the pics.

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

Well, you are right, it looks good imo too, but it will look like this after two months:

05112008618hh0.jpg

w1944.png

The outter side is wearing off too, but only noticeable if you inspect it in your hands, not on the wrist, so no big deal. I'll need some natural light to capture this.

Greetz, and congrats on your Skyland once more!

Edited by yodap

I love that 6.75 caseback...awesome. I think I should try and order just the caseback. :D

The wear is a bit rough. I'm hoping to sidestep that by scraping off the edge overlap of latex on the inside of the strap...so only leather is in contact with the skin...we'll see. I'll post pics when it looks like yours!!

Okay, I'd appreciate that if you could post a photo with this latex mod after you've done it, if it's good, I might consider to buy another one... Or save up for gen calf and I'll use it with the rep dep. clasp. :D

Good luck!

Greetz.

There's nothing really to show. When the strap initially arrived, the black latex on the sides was applied reasonably neatly, but spilled over from the edge to the inside surface maybe 0.2mm (??).

I just took my fingernail and scratched along the inside surface (light brown branded side) close to the lip of the edge, and off scraped the overlapping excess in little strings.

We'll see if that helps...only time will tell as you have demonstrated.

• 2 weeks later...

you get what you pay for.. in most cases anyway.

most of us have lots of watches so when in rotation you really wear a watch only a few weeks a year (IF that) so buy a couple and they will last for a while. lol.

is it possible to find a gen croc (not breitling) and transfer deployment buckle on it?

you get what you pay for.. in most cases anyway.

most of us have lots of watches so when in rotation you really wear a watch only a few weeks a year (IF that) so buy a couple and they will last for a while. lol.

is it possible to find a gen croc (not breitling) and transfer deployment buckle on it?

You're absolutely right. I figure when some of the higher end strap companies say to swap out straps for hygiene reasons every 6 months...that's an expensive habit on OEM straps. A Breitling croc is expensive...a non-branded strap made to Breitling specs is about $120 USD (so <50%).