When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs question

William Campbell

I had to send a brand new watch back to China for repair from the U.S. I sent it in Oct. 22, and on the 27th the tracking information said it had arrived in China. Since then there has been no update. I called the USPS for more information and they told me it probably had not cleared customs. My question is, if it gets confiscated, will I be notified? I know I need to be patient, but if it HAS been confiscated, I want to know. As always, thanks in advance.

I had to send a brand new watch back to China for repair from the U.S. I sent it in Oct. 22, and on the 27th the tracking information said it had arrived in China. Since then there has been no update. I called the USPS for more information and they told me it probably had not cleared customs. My question is, if it gets confiscated, will I be notified? I know I need to be patient, but if it HAS been confiscated, I want to know. As always, thanks in advance.

Assuming everything was packaged as the vendor requested...you should be fine. If it was sent by airmail...I usually say between 3-5 weeks for delivery...add in repair time, and return shipping...it's usually a 2 month process or so for the repair before you get your watch in hand.

In Canada, I've had stuff sitting with CDN customs for over a week.

And yes...they will notify you if things are seized.

always declare as "gift" .. "costume jewelry accessory" .. value 10 usd .. there should be no problem .. getting there with the dates mentioned is extremely fast even for express .. I wouldn't worry to much you should have word from the dealer soon

Cheers

L