When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ms. King's Lv... Your Thoughts Please?

fanito

I think she has to offer some really nice reps. I saw these pics from her site and I really like them. What are your personal experiences with her and the LV's? Price is in the middle 200's

Here's the Link

i don't know about the lv but i just received a ss ym for my wife and i am very happy with it.

The King Swiss LV has one of the better looking dials of any of the LV models I've looked at including Luckyy's MBW LV and Joshs' perfect LV. Look at photos of an original LV and the reps side by side. The print fort and spacing on "Oyster Perpetual Date" under the crown logo is different than on previous models and King's LV is the only one I saw that reflects this change. Of course, look for a maxi dial but be aware of the metal wraps around the oversize hour markers. The markers on the MBW dial are thickly wrapped when only a thin metal band surrounds them on the genuine. Again, Kings' LV does a very good job here. Grown guards are passable but the crown itself is a little "ridge rounded". In all, if a better crown was available for Kings LV, I think, it comes closer to looking like the genuine than any of the others.

Edited by crystalcranium

I think she has to offer some really nice reps. I saw these pics from her site and I really like them. What are your personal experiences with her and the LV's? Price is in the middle 200's

Here's the Link

Looks excellent. If I didn't already have the PT I'd go for King's. Thinga I like better about hers are the dial (correct 300m, correct minute marks, tall & slender coronet (correct)) - The clasp has a beter coronet, one that is wide at the loop onsteade of narrow and tall - the crown isn't a monster like on most sub reps - The crysytal height looks excellent, not close to flush with the bezel - the movement looks beautiful in it's decoration.

Things that still bother me are the rehaut (shallow) - date mag alignment (too close to bezel) - date alignment (will they ever get this right!?) - CGs are still too hunky on the inside - and this one has some insert fit problems. The diameter of the insert looks a hair too small, and it isn't fitting all the way in the bezel. Pearl seems to be okay (hard to tell from these pics) but while the lume looks good in the pic you can see that it is non-uniform in the hands. This is nothing new on reps though, so not a major complaint.

King's sub looks like a great choice, but like all others it has its' own issues too.

Edited by Category 5

The mysterious ways of repmaker at work once again--two LV's released less than a week apart, with different improvements over previous models. If they would combine the best features of each they would come pretty damn close to actually building a damn near perfect LV. Of course they never will, and it's enough to drive an anal retentive nuts.

I wonder if one of our accessories guys can source King's dial. I don't want to mention any names but his initials are Davidsenjpn.