When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: RWG1: Headers edited

JohnG

Guys,

All of our threads that started with RWG1 have been edited and the prefix removed.

I have pm'd admin to let him know this was happening and asked that our headers be left unedited as they are not violating any forum rules. I am sure one of the mods did it - for what reason I won't speculate but it definitely miffed me a little bit.

I have gone back through my threads to re-edit the headers. If anyone else cares to do so I know many of us like seeing the RWG1 header - to remind of us who we are. It may seem gay and pathetic and indeed it may BE gay and pathetic, but when has that ever stopped us from doing anything?

We are RWG1.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

All of our threads that started with RWG1 have been edited and the prefix removed.

I have pm'd admin to let him know this was happening and asked that our headers be left unedited as they are not violating any forum rules. I am sure one of the mods did it - for what reason I won't speculate but it definitely miffed me a little bit.

I have gone back through my threads to re-edit the headers. If anyone else cares to do so I know many of us like seeing the RWG1 header - to remind of us who we are. It may seem gay and pathetic and indeed it may BE gay and pathetic, but when has that ever stopped us from doing anything?

We are RWG1.

Miffed me more than a bit too. The RWG1: prefix serves a useful purpose. I'm sure we all contribute to other threads here too, but our 'bin threads are a way to keep our community together until 'home' rises from the ashes. That prefix isn't intended to exclude others, but it does serve as a warning that the thread will probably not stay on topic and is likely to include all sorts of unrelated nonsense. ;)

Anyhow, I've re-titled all of my threads now. Hopefully, they'll stay that way. I've adminned/moderated all sorts of forums, mailing lists and IRC channels over the years, and that kinda pettiness definitely qualifies as misuse of mod privileges in my book.

I agree. Hopefully that will be the last of it. I don't expect they want to [censored] off quite a few new paying members over something so trivial in the Bin - a subforum whose thread count has probably grown by a factor of five in the short time we have been here. This was basically a trash bin before we got here. No one STARTED threads here before, they were all MOVED here.

Anyway, I am sure that will be the end of it.

I agree. Hopefully that will be the last of it. I don't expect they want to [censored] off quite a few new paying members over something so trivial in the Bin - a subforum whose thread count has probably grown by a factor of five in the short time we have been here. This was basically a trash bin before we got here. No one STARTED threads here before, they were all MOVED here.

Anyway, I am sure that will be the end of it.

Cool - I'm sure you're right. :)

I dunno guys, I really don't think Ken, TT, the membership et al are, should be, or should be expected to be, copacetic with all this. It's kinda a cultural imperialistic exodus for you (us) guys to be here under "our terms". There are A LOT of members here who were so grateful that rwgjr was formed. Not that it was sprung from it's (RWG's) pinnacle, but rather what it had become, devoid of a webmaster; a "bin". Even though rwgjr. has this "laissez-faire" subforum I really don't think it is appropriate to take advantage and squat here. I always liked 'Dani'. He really is a good guy, loves his puppies, is a patriot, and in the 'bin' got a good dose, not so much from the rwgjr. membership but from the RWG flotsam. That's not right. If you all want to meld with rwgjr. then I am sure the membership would be glad to absorb you. To bide time here, flippantly, waiting for RWG to come back on-line is not only naive but contrary to my opinion of why I stayed @ RWG in the first place; it were 'something else'. RWG, as far as I have been informed, is done. It was a great run. Sorry. I have had nothing but respect for this site here, from afar. Ken, through email had informed me years past; "Dems you would love it, it is the old RWG!". True. My real adoration of RWG though came shortly after the swamping. I only avoided it (rwgjr.)until now as RWG was viable and devoid of the common criticism; ".....it is worthless" Never. Now it is merely 'gone'.

John, you had expressed an interest to build your own site while considering RWG's demise last January. Do it. If I can help, say the word. Evertything and anything save being a 'moderator' or member of the Admin.

So, what ever happened to 'Jonthebhoy'? He sounded like Elton. In a not gay way.

Edited by Chancellor

I dunno guys, I really don't think Ken, TT, the membership et al are, should be, or should be expected to be, copacetic with all this. It's kinda a cultural imperialistic exodus for you (us) guys to be here under "our terms". There are A LOT of members here who were so grateful that rwgjr was formed. Not that it was sprung from it's (RWG's) pinnacle, but rather what it had become, devoid of a webmaster; a "bin". Even though rwgjr. has this "laissez-faire" subforum I really don't think it is appropriate to take advantage and squat here.

Well I was a member here long before the current problems at RWG1. And the BIN was a refuse dump for threads that had gone south - no new threads were EVER started here, and the ones that came here died promptly. There were less than three pages of threads here when we arrived, now there are over seven... in a matter of a month.

We asked permission to use this subforum because of its obvious suitability to our needs. Many RWG1 members have become monthly paying members here at RWG.cc, in part as a way to express our gratitude. We contribute outside of the BIN as well, in a manner keeping with the culture of RWGjr. In here we do as we please, as we were told that we could.

I always liked 'Dani'. He really is a good guy, loves his puppies, is a patriot, and in the 'bin' got a good dose, not so much from the rwgjr. membership but from the RWG flotsam. That's not right.

You like Dani - that is your right. I don't like him and I sure as [censored] don't respect him. And the feeling is mutual - I knew him long before that piece of [censored] thread ended up in here. He threatened me in a pm that I still have not erased, in case I ever needed proof of the nastiness he is capable of. He has repeatedly called immigrants to his country "subnormals" which here in Europe is a far-right euphimism for members of inferior races. I took exception to that and other posts of his and incurred his wrath. As far as I can tell, he is a Nazi apologist at best. The moderation team agreed, because they locked the thread and made their sentiments clear. As outrageous as we RWG1 refugees are, NOT ONE of OUR threads has been so much as commented on by any member of the mod team, much less locked up.

There is no way I am going to apologize for roughing up Dani. He is a big boy with home field advantage. Even if it cost me my membership, I was not about to say sorry for saying what I said. When it comes to that particular kind of poison, I have ZERO tolerance.

RWG, as far as I have been informed, is done. It was a great run.... Now it is merely 'gone'.

John, you had expressed an interest to build your own site while considering RWG's demise last January. Do it. If I can help, say the word. Evertything and anything save being a 'moderator' or member of the Admin.

So, what ever happened to 'Jonthebhoy'? He sounded like Elton. In a not gay way.

Well, for the first few days, there was no sign that anything was being done at RWG1 - but then a message came up on the index page, which remains there, stating that the problem is being worked on.

If the site had been taken down, there would be a standard placeholder I believe. If you have information that the site is down for good, please share it. Otherwise we will wait - AD said it was down for two months once.

If worse comes to worse, we have plans to try to recover the database. I am sure by contacting the host we can communicate our desire to Blade that we wish to take over the site and pay all associated fees to upgrade the software and increase the bandwidth.

The format would remain the same - that is, essentially unmoderated. At least that seems to be the consensus among those of us that have discussed what to do if the site does not come back.

lol you are such the attorney John (would be?). I have a 'right' to like Dani? lol God bless. And thank you Sir. I think the U.S. Attorney General's office really missed out on a great opportunity for a 'Constitutional Scribe' when you expatriated yourself. Clinton really could have used a person like you to exponentially pursue "is" in that witch hunt of a Congressional Hearing. :D

The post was rehtorical. No need to break it down and file it away in a dossier to your C drive. Did you pull up all your beets? Did you finish the Soduko already?

Just put the rubber to the road and open an Invision Powerboard account. Screw all RWG and replica watches and the RWG database. You could open your site under the guise of "The Berkshires; Not Just a Summer playground for the Privileged" and hang an "Off Topic" sub-forum on it. Shoot, Greg, Alpha, Onze, Col., Dave and I would gladly step in and imagecave.com our latest watches. I read where Dave bought another awesome Breit. Do they have Costco in CNA too?

That Costco Breit. is worth more than your car,Dems.....smartass... :rolleyes:

The forums all get replaced by the 'next best thing' that comes along,its the 'net,RWG is done,this one and RWI replaced it,RG has replaced them all long ago now,these are all just forums awaiting RWG's same fate,take a look around..... ;)

The way it goes,see ya on the 'blueside'..... :)

By the way Dems,'Alto Palto' was much better.....

I agree with John - Dani is a silly nazi - whatever, I won't dwell on it...

Demsey lives! Good to see you kicking around here - I do miss that avatar - who is she?

regarding the forum header change... what an irrelevant waste of time - clearly a mod with little going on

on a side note - my left nut just shifted a bit... nothing to worry about - carry on

Damn, I always leave one loose thread somewhere for you to pick at.

Sigh.

:p This is you we are talking about here John. The best defense is a good offense. Your threads are pretty tight. But nothing that can't be carpet bombed with a formation of 52's, from say FL 220. Safely above Constitutional Rights SAMs.

Never said Dani wasn't a [censored]. I'm not going to throw stones in that glass house tho'. I just remember him from RWG and remember liking him. Then again I liked Ahab in that book.

Man, am I ever hung over. Another victim of the Pinot Noir in-house-drive-by.

Back to the point of the thread. The elimination of the RWG1 header was not some hidden conspiracy. It was simply cleaning it up. I don't really understand why it is in the header in the first place. But no need to explain. I am not a contributor in the Loony bin. In fact this is my first post here in a long time. And hopefully my last for a while. :) Back to the loonacy. :lol:

Back to the point of the thread. The elimination of the RWG1 header was not some hidden conspiracy. It was simply cleaning it up. I don't really understand why it is in the header in the first place. But no need to explain. I am not a contributor in the Loony bin. In fact this is my first post here in a long time. And hopefully my last for a while. :) Back to the loonacy. :lol:

:lol:

Fair enough - thanks for stopping by :)