When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona update

dieselpower

Hi all,

Just a quick note to update interested parties of the progress of my EE Daytona which is under the knife as we speak. The modder has worked wonders making the various parts fit and I am deeply indebted to him. However, there is a problem that I thought I would air for you Daytona fans.

I bought 2 replacement pushers from Ofrei as the ones fitted to my watch did not feel very good. I took advice and it was generally agreed that the EE/DW pushers are rubbish and should be replaced. My modder having received the parts and watch reports that one of the pushers is not functioning properly, it is not returning to the outward (neutral) position properly, maybe it is badly machined or something. The other pusher works perfectly. I have emailed Ofrei in the hope that they will send a replacement before I have to wait to get the faulty one back and then return it to them then wait for a replacement etc etc pain in the a**e.

So all in all progress is good and once the pusher issue is sorted I shall post piccies of the finished article for your delictation.

Meanwhile.... more waiting.

BTW I believe that the Cousinsuk pushers are exactly the same as Ofrei ones so any UK members should buy from them and save a packet :D

Diesel - Sorry to hear about the pusher problem. Tell your modder to disassemble, clean & relube (with silicone) the pusher's internal components & it should then work fine. My guess is that 1 of the 2 rubber gaskets is either dry or has slid out of position

ofrei_pusher_assy.jpg

(Ignore the red border, I originally posted this pic in another thread for a different purpose)

I've got another theory...

Please read my thread regarding the thread pitch of Ofrei/Cousins pushers.

My guess is that the pusher isn't working correctly because the flutes (the ridged area on the part in freddy333 red box, above) were damaged when the modder forced the pusher into a hole with the wrong thread pitch. (I have done this a couple of times myself). If these flutes are damaged during insertion, the pusher will either not depress, or will not depress smoothly. You'll be able to tell for yourself when you get the parts back.

You may want to suggest that your modder get in touch with me, as I'm about to order a few taps which should allow him to install these aftermarket pushers without any resistance (and remove them, when necessary).