When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Servicing movements

PhilVT

Can anyone recommend any other users on this forum that are good with servicing and luming? I am about to take the plunge and buy a few watches, but I am new here so I'm not holding my breath about The Zigmeister accepting my business. I would like my watches to last so I would definitely like to get my 7750's serviced.

I have spent an unhealthy amount of time reading this forum lately, and I feel like I have learned a ton about this hobby. However, I feel like you can only learn so much by looking at pictures and reading. Does anyone know of a good source for VIDEO of a movement being serviced? I feel like a video would be so incredibly helpful for those who are new to this.

Guest shura110
Can anyone recommend any other users on this forum that are good with servicing and luming? I am about to take the plunge and buy a few watches, but I am new here so I'm not holding my breath about The Zigmeister accepting my business. I would like my watches to last so I would definitely like to get my 7750's serviced.

I have spent an unhealthy amount of time reading this forum lately, and I feel like I have learned a ton about this hobby. However, I feel like you can only learn so much by looking at pictures and reading. Does anyone know of a good source for VIDEO of a movement being serviced? I feel like a video would be so incredibly helpful for those who are new to this.

You can try contacting REX over repgeek.

Check in my Noob Guide in the Intros section and look up servicing. Tom Highway is another servicing guy...but EU based. The other option is to try the yellow pages. Be up front that you have a replica watch and ask if they would be willing to service them. Be prepared for a lot of rejection/mockery, as most folks out there don't really know replica watches and their potential.

I agree with Toad. Check your local telephone book for watch & clock repair & phone some watchmakers to see if they will work on a rep. Assuming your reps have ETA movements (a standard throughout the watch industry for many years), you should not have too much trouble finding a good watchmaker. And before anyone chimes in with 'All ETAs are Asian now'.........1st off, if the watchmaker knows the difference (unlikely) & asks you about it, just say you were told the movement is an 'ETA'. Secondly, assuming you do have an ETA clone, many of the gen ETA parts are interchangeable, so that should not be a problem, assuming you actually have a clone movement (&, as far as I am concerned, the jury is still out on what is out there).

There is an amazing amount of info at this site:

http://pugwash.info/eta/7750/7750.html

There is at least an hour of your time gone....

Welcome to the forum and have fun!

-K

perfect...that is exactly what i was looking for. Seeing things in layers is so much more helpful than just photos of half-dissected movements.

Thanks for the replies everyone.