When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Super Avenger with single AR?

mastmampf

Hello,

i received the new (Ultimate) Breitling Super Avenger from Andrew today. It is the black dialed version.

But it seems that it only has a single AR coat on the crystal. I have seen the white dialed version a few days before at a friends wrist and i think it had a stronger AR coat on it than mine.

Is it possible that there has been made a flaw at production. Maybe someone had the same problem? How can i see that the coating on the sapphir is double and not single?

Just wanted to ask here before i send an email to Andrew.

Regards

Matz

Best way to check is to hold it upto a light source, a window is usally best. The crystal at some angles should give a blue hue (which will consist of two blue reflections) and at other angles it will disappear (the crystal that is)

If you take a few pics of the watch and post them I could help further.

There is a light blue on the crystal but i don`t think that it is double AR.

Will post some pics tomorrow.

Regards

Matz

P.S. I also have the Breitling for Bentley 6.75 with black and white dial and i would say that the AR coat is the same like on the black SA if i compare them.

Anyhow i will post some pics tomorrow in daylight.

Edited by mastmampf

That`s not right.

I have bought all two 6.75 from Andrew also and they are light AR coated.

You can see it here:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...7ce3b69b9702780

Regards

Matz

Oh, I see. So you really believe that dealers marketing slogans like 1:1 exact interchangeable copy, Genuine Hublot OEM ceramic bezel, and Swiss ETA movement are all always entirely honest, just as the "light AR coating" thing.

Edited by alanytical

Well I happened to own a black 6.75 with the updated maroon datewheels, and compared to the single sided inner AR on the Panerai Arktos and several Breitling reps I have, the 6.75 had ZERO AR.

Who knows, maybe they're spraying it with blue tint now, I know Angus offers some kind of spray coating single sided, but from my hands on with the 6.75 and several forum reads from others, it ain't there with any measurable effect.

Edited by alanytical

So i have made a few pics today from the Super Avenger, the 6.75 and an Chronomat Evolution. It is very cloudy today so it`s hard to get the right light for this.

The light AR coating on the 6.75 is not easy to photograph but it definitely exist. I think you can see the most difference between the SA and the BCE.

So what do you think?

Regards

Matz

post-6207-1226493431_thumb.jpg

post-6207-1226493503_thumb.jpg

post-6207-1226493562_thumb.jpg

post-6207-1226493616_thumb.jpg