When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Rec'd ROO Rubberclad from Silex! Wow!

I have this weekend rec'd my rubberclad ROO from Silex. It is technically superb. As evidence of this:

*Wheel date surround blacked out like Gen.

*Lum appears excellent, no 'blue-cheesing'.

*Resets exactly to 60 on Tach.

* !!!PVD: I'm not treating this as a beater nor am I coddling this ROO, but the PVD has not scraped, chipped or peeled although it is early days.

I was in LA this weekend and ventured into WT to look (on Rodeo Drive no less)!!! at a Panerai and was only complimented on the ROO by staff there. It is a black faced Rubberclad that to me strikes an elegant balance. People that know watches will recognize the watch, but otherwise it does not 'scream out' and I like the 'discerning' aspect of the Rubberclad. Personally I have no interest in impressing others (my wife knows I love watches and my dog doesn't care less) but I find some magic in wearing and enjoying something as nice looking as this 1:1, and still enjoy other of life's offerings, (like food, clothing, maybe a cave w/ mod cons).

Silex is superb to work with. He is busy but always e mailed replies. It was about a 6 week wait, but a great experience and I will order from him again w/out hesitation. My research showed him to be best cost value as well. I'll get pictures up, but in short - it is everything I'd hoped for....so far.

CHeersbigears,

mglawrence2001

• 1 month later...
I have this weekend rec'd my rubberclad ROO from Silex. It is technically superb. As evidence of this:

*Wheel date surround blacked out like Gen.

*Lum appears excellent, no 'blue-cheesing'.

*Resets exactly to 60 on Tach.

* !!!PVD: I'm not treating this as a beater nor am I coddling this ROO, but the PVD has not scraped, chipped or peeled although it is early days.

I was in LA this weekend and ventured into WT to look (on Rodeo Drive no less)!!! at a Panerai and was only complimented on the ROO by staff there. It is a black faced Rubberclad that to me strikes an elegant balance. People that know watches will recognize the watch, but otherwise it does not 'scream out' and I like the 'discerning' aspect of the Rubberclad. Personally I have no interest in impressing others (my wife knows I love watches and my dog doesn't care less) but I find some magic in wearing and enjoying something as nice looking as this 1:1, and still enjoy other of life's offerings, (like food, clothing, maybe a cave w/ mod cons).

Silex is superb to work with. He is busy but always e mailed replies. It was about a 6 week wait, but a great experience and I will order from him again w/out hesitation. My research showed him to be best cost value as well. I'll get pictures up, but in short - it is everything I'd hoped for....so far.

CHeersbigears,

mglawrence2001

I was searching for information on silix and i found two different web sites watchsilix and silix-prime which one did you purchase from if you dont mind me asking? The prices are very different between the two sites.

Thanks

D

Edited by daihlo

CHeersbigears,

mglawrence2001

Do you mean six days??? Six weeks is too long from China to LA! This is a commonly stocked model with most of our dealer!

Silix-watch has lower quality items (asian movements and quartz) while silix-prime has ETA copies with sapphire crystals (most of the time) and generally higher quality items.

My ROO rubberclad only took 1.5 weeks to come....Silix must have been out of stock. I was extremely happy with my ROO from him too...excellent strap, not glue problems on dial, and rubber bezel still shows no wear signs after 3-4 months....its still working perfectly.