When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movements In Replica Watches. Your Views.

guesswho

Now I'm very much a newcomer to the whole rep game, in fact, i've not yet brought one as I have no spare cash until September, but I have been perusing these forums regularly over the past few weeks.

What I fail to see the point of, is that in watches like the Seamaster, why people wish to have movements as close to the genuine one as possible.

I don't claim to be a movement expert of any degree but wouldnt a standard quartz movement, which moves in the same way, be far more reliable and a better timekeeper, and thirdly much cheaper.

Nobody would know the movement was quartz unless they opened it up, and upon opening would more than likely see that it is not a genuine straight away anyway if a replica movement was installed.

Perhaps i'm into reps for different reasons as the rest of you, i see it as purely an aesthetic thing, which as long as it looks and acts the same(within the realms of being a rep), i'm happy with it.

Any opinions?

What I fail to see the point of, is that in watches like the Seamaster, why people wish to have movements as close to the genuine one as possible.

I don't claim to be a movement expert of any degree but wouldnt a standard quartz movement, which moves in the same way, be far more reliable and a better timekeeper, and thirdly much cheaper.

The replica Seamasters here are replicas of the Automatic ones, not of the quartz ones. The quartz movement is very, very wrong for these.

Quartz movements click from second to second, and are immediately visible as quartz movements. On a watch that had "Automatic" printed on the dial, like all the Seamasters available here, this would scream replica so loudly you'd need earplugs. :D

ah, ok, it would appear another newbie was been owned.

That's not owned, that's educated. You'll know it if you ever get owned. :D

The finest electric watch is the Seiko Spring Drive. It incorporates all the good things about automatic mechanical watches with the accuracy of electronics. It is basically a mechanical watch with a digital escapement.